Texans with Ataxia you are not alone

OK Texans. Did a search and there are 58 of us on this website. At least you know in your general area you are not alone.

Austin

Baytown

Belton

Carrolton

Cedar Park

Clinton

Conroe

Corpus Christi

Cypress

Dallas

Edgewood

El Paso

Fredericksburg

Friendswood

Fort Worth

Henderson

Humble

Huntington

Houston

Irving

Katy

Keller

Lewisville

Liberty Hill

Mansfield

McAllen

New Waverly

Pearland

Plano

Roanoke

Royse City

San Antonio

San Marcos

Seabrook

Silsbee

Southlake

Stafford

Snyder

Sulphur Springs

Unknown in Tx

Vidor

DRC from Royce City checking in

Interesting enough, PG, my wife and I have a son in the Dallas area and we are thinking of moving to Texas. That 58 could become 59.

I live in the UK and just last weekend attended a newly formed Ataxia Support Group.
26 people within the area were invited. Some said they weren’t interested and didn’t
want to be contacted again, 6 said they would attend, then for whatever reason didn’t
or couldn’t. On the day 5 of us were present.

A support group isn’t everybodys’ cup of tea. Maybe people have preconceived ideas
of what happens there, it’s certainly not where we cry on each others shoulders. We
Intend to enjoy being together and feel free to express opinions in an understanding
atmosphere. Hopefully we’ll be able to find a way of raising funds and also awareness.

We look forward to our next meeting in January and welcome anybody else who is
able to join us! xB

I live in Jerusalem, Israel, and I have yet to find anyone with CA. Is everyone or anyone with it, hiding? In health, N

McAllen up and at 'em this mornin.

Texas is so big that most of these places are far from me. Only see one in Vidor who is close at all. I am in Silsbee, north of Beaumont. Some in Louisiana may be closer. You're right about support groups, Beryl. When I try to tell someone else about some things I deal with they want to equate it with the normal problems of getting older. While I realize all older people suffer and have problems, this frustrates me because I feel that coping with ataxia is different--only a fellow ataxian can relate, it seems.

It is interesting to know there are that many fellow Texans as members here. Would like to meet some of them if I ever get to visit family around the state.

New Waverly Tx up n moving too.

Hey granny h our stories sound a lot a like. I am in new Waverly. North of Conroe tx

Hey Beryl, I'd join your meeting if I could, but as you know, I live in the States and it's too far for me to go "across the pond"...,ha! Seriously, I think support groups are a good thing, as it helps with feeling "less alone". Wish there was a support group closer to me! ;o)

Rose, it would be a pleasure to invite you! xB

rose said:

Hey Beryl, I'd join your meeting if I could, but as you know, I live in the States and it's too far for me to go "across the pond"...,ha! Seriously, I think support groups are a good thing, as it helps with feeling "less alone". Wish there was a support group closer to me! ;o)