Anyone from Northern Ireland use this site?

Anyone from Northern Ireland use this site?

I guess no takers on Northern Ireland but you are welcomed here with open arms.

Think there were 1 or 2, but alas the communication has lapsed.

I am not that far away, in West Wales !

Alan

I go there every now and then as I have traced my ancestors (for SCA-2) on my Grandmothers, father side, originally from Northern Ireland. Thomas Harte marrried Mary Atkinson

Setteled in Pittsfield, Mass.

I cannot find anything in Ireland.

I now live in Florida., SCA-2, Dad died of complications from Ataxia in 1997, his mom died of cancer, but had Ataxia,

Her brother Patrick Hart died of ataxia.

My mom has ataxia. Is originally from County Monaghan- right over the border.

Cool Sue. I live in Lisburn. That's about 80 miles from Monaghan.

Irishsue said:

Me. I live in Germany and Portugal, but will be moving permanently to Portugal in October.

I have a brother in Belfast who has ataxia, but due to family objection (his), we don`t communicate. There again, his secretive nature is a

reinforcement anyhow.

Me. I live in Germany and Portugal, but will be moving permanently this October to Portugal.

I have a brother in Belfast who has ataxia but we don`t communicate due to his family`s objection(s).

There again, his secretive nature only reenforces it, doubtless.

Hi, I live in Larne, I have been diagnosed with Late Onset Cerebellar Ataxia since 2010 although I first went to the Dr in 2008 after having strange symptoms for a couple of years before that. I went to the Dr in 2008 because I could no longer do my work safely. I have not meet anyone else from NI but I know their are more of us. I'm on a lot of prescribed medication to try and help with symptoms and I've also had a lift and wetroom installed to help me to live in my house.

Hello there Damo, I am from Clogher in Norfthern Ireland and am living on the Isle of Wight. I just accepted today that need to find out more. I miss the accent so much and was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with cerebella ataxia. Other people noticed before I did. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Cool Sarah. I am sorry to hear you have just being diagnosed with Cerebellar Ataxia (I have had it for years). Yes, we should stay in touch. Do you use facebook??

Damo

Hi Madrab. Yeah, there are a few people with an Ataxia in NI, not sure how many use this site. I too have Cerebellar Ataxia. I live in Lisburn... We should stay in touch.

MadRab said:

Hi, I live in Larne, I have been diagnosed with Late Onset Cerebellar Ataxia since 2010 although I first went to the Dr in 2008 after having strange symptoms for a couple of years before that. I went to the Dr in 2008 because I could no longer do my work safely. I have not meet anyone else from NI but I know their are more of us. I'm on a lot of prescribed medication to try and help with symptoms and I've also had a lift and wetroom installed to help me to live in my house.

hI, sure, my email is: robertg393@aol.com just drop me a line anytime, about whatevers on you mind.
Damo said:

Hi Madrab. Yeah, there are a few people with an Ataxia in NI, not sure how many use this site. I too have Cerebellar Ataxia. I live in Lisburn... We should stay in touch.

MadRab said:

I believe my Great grandmother, Mary Atkinson was from County Monaghan!

Irishsue said: