Brain work legislated by President Obama

Does anyone have any idea if the efffort of Obama or the new device created at Iowa State Univ (my alma mater) will help Ataxians in any way?

Thanks,

Tiffinay

I am so jazzed to hear about this! I saw it on the news last night and looked it up this morning (if you haven't seen any information on this yet this is a good start http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/152395-obamas-brain-initiative-is-a-huge-boost-for-new-neurotechnology but after you watch and read this google for more links.

From what I read this is a great start to helping find our cure! Wahoooooooo! There is always hope right? :0)

This supports why I think we as ataxian's need to stay and be as healthy as we can to get used to go through testing etc what ever it takes! Yeah!!!!!!!

Hi Jeannie

I have read the article.The same sort of funding has been in Britain for the cancers.At last there is hope.

I had almost given up but this article and your comments have spurred me on and given me renewed inspiration.

Great cause I'm jazzed! Of course I see this as the first step and we have a ways to go, but hey we are ahead, at least they are thinking about this and moving in the right direction right?! :0)

I know this is progress for us! :0)

I'm so glad to see your post on this site Jeannie! I hadn't seen anything from you in a while, so I sent a message to you hoping all was well with you and yours! Anyway, yes, this is great news! There is always hope to hold onto! ;o)

I havent read the article yet. What new device? Neta in Jerusalem. PS Obama was just here, just a block away from me. I believe in his brain project.

Hi Rosemarie! Just took a vacation. It’s that time of year!!! Thanks for checking in on me!
And the hope is coming clearer! ;0)

rose said:

I'm so glad to see your post on this site Jeannie! I hadn't seen anything from you in a while, so I sent a message to you hoping all was well with you and yours! Anyway, yes, this is great news! There is always hope to hold onto! ;o)

Hi Jeannie, I've been called all kinds of names, but it's just "Rose" on this site....,ha! ;o)

I am glad you are all hopeful and "jazzed".. But I have yet to see how this enormous brain initiative will help CA sufferers today. By the time whatever research comes out of this and goes into the medical canon, we will be where? Right now all it means is that Obama gets kudos and gets to make more speeches on an admittedly important apolitical topic, and various heavy-hitting doctors get more money. I havent seen anyone from the ataxia world comment. In fact they never comment about anything. I hope my pessimism is wrong. Neta

Yes I think we all have choices in how we see things. Aren’t we lucky??? ;0)