Came to the conclusion

At least since we are all so different there is hope that mine might not be too bad. I keep telling myself Fear Not so that I am not dominated by that. I read on here somewhere where a person had a weighted vest. Since my left side is weak, I told my physical therapist the other day maybe I should put rocks in my right pocket so I will stay balanced! Got a good laugh out of that one. I actually put my heavy purse on my right shoulder as a counterweight and that helps some. I was unsure at how long something like this progresses sounds like some people have had this over 10 years. I want to see my grandkids grow up and be a part of their life. Since I am affected on the left side I am thankful that I can still drive right now. I take the less traveled roads when I go to town and take my time. At first I didn't realize my left side was so bad. When the neurologist said can you do this...I say "sure" and then tried it and fell all over the place.(that heel/toe walking thing + other tests). I didn't really realize I couldn't do things until they asked me to do it. I felt like an idiot.

I have decided to just get up and go one day at a time and do the best I can and keep going.

I think that’s all you can do is to do the best you can.

Somebody once said something like fear can cause us to fall, and it’s our courage that allows us to get back up again.

Like the lion character in the “Wizard Of Oz”, we all have that courage; however, many times we don’t realize we possess it until we fall and decide to get back up.

It sounds like you made a great decision in getting back up to keep going.