Carers

Recently I have had to get help getting up in the morning in the shape of carers
It’s wonderful and means less pressure on family etc.
To be recommended!!
Regards
Barney

Thanks for sharing that Barney - it's one of those things one resists as long as possible and then wishes one hadnt, I guess.

Always difficult to accept help.

Patsy

There is a fine line between accepting help and keeping ones independance

Do we as ataxians need to accept the former given the poor prospects for latter?

Patsy said:

Thanks for sharing that Barney - it's one of those things one resists as long as possible and then wishes one hadnt, I guess.

Always difficult to accept help.

Patsy

I have carers that come and help me shower as it is not safe for me to do it on my own and the children have their own lives olso as my sight is bad I have carers that take me out twice a week even if it is just for a coffee I love it the children do take me places and help me a lot but they are 28 and married so has a wife to look after and the their two are 20 and 18 one works and the other is still at school and they have great social lives and that is what I want for them . Having carers is great it is not losing control of your life but it is improving the quality that I get out of life

Karen

I agree the ultimate goal must be quality of life
For everyone concerned.
Regards
Barney

I'm like you Patsy, I have a difficult time excepting help! I do agree with Bernard and Karen though..., quality of life is the most important, and individuals should do whatever is best for them to preserve this! Kudos to both of you for your outlooks...,I may be in your places someday, and will GLADLY except help! Best to all..., ;o)

Hi,
At the moment I am on a walker and manage my own needs. But I cannot make my own food as I require a helper. In order to carry on I have learnt to accept help although I do not like the idea. When the bodily functions get challenging, Carers come in to our World. Why not accept and add a little color to our life!

Hi Nan
I’m all for color!
Regards
Barney