Caution - please read

IF YOU GET A LAUGHING BABY POP-UP DO NOT CLICK ON IT.

THIS ACTION WILL ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THE WIBJA TOOL BAR ON NING.

THE FOLLOWING LINKS WILL UPGRADE YOUR POP-UP SECURITY

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer95472?hl=en

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-block-pop-ups-get-rid-of-pop-ups-windows-7-windows-8-3494487/

MOSTLY, REFRESHING YOUR SCREEN SHOULD GET RID OF THE POP-UP

As a side note;

It is easy for those not 'in the know' to go looking for an internet security program, anti-virus application or anti-malware program (many programs cover all three) and end up with a troublesome security breach.

If you are looking to add security to your computer, you should be aware that there are many security programs of various 'flavours'. Some programs are entirely free or offer good protection via a free version. Others are paid for once or via subscription.

The most important thing when getting new security is to make sure the security application / program / tool / software is got from a genuine source - be that a retailer in a bricks and mortar shop or online or the actual developer of the item. There are other considerations such as type of security but the most common error I have encountered* is where a user will report having security issues where they should not - 'I downloaded the best from the right place' - because they downloaded a fake version of the security software that was actually malicious.

Most genuine security software is made and distributed by well known companies including, but not limited to, Norton, Kaspersky, Malware-bytes and AGV. All of those (and others) have there own genuine websites.

I appreciate it can be difficult or daunting to look through the web for a genuine security product. My sincerest suggestion is that, if a user finds it difficult to choose a security product, help from a computer literate / compitent family member, friend or professional should be sought.

Safe surfing all and kind regards,

M.

*(I used to build and maintain home computers for clients and have some experience helping businesses out on such amatters)

Thanks Michael:-)

These links were passed down from ‘above’.

It’s good to know you have this expertise, especially when you’re on my doorstep :-)xB

Michael said:

As a side note;

It is easy for those not ‘in the know’ to go looking for an internet security program, anti-virus application or anti-malware program (many programs cover all three) and end up with a troublesome security breach.

If you are looking to add security to your computer, you should be aware that there are many security programs of various ‘flavours’. Some programs are entirely free or offer good protection via a free version. Others are paid for once or via subscription.

The most important thing when getting new security is to make sure the security application / program / tool / software is got from a genuine source - be that a retailer in a bricks and mortar shop or online or the actual developer of the item. There are other considerations such as type of security but the most common error I have encountered* is where a user will report having security issues where they should not - ‘I downloaded the best from the right place’ - because they downloaded a fake version of the security software that was actually malicious.

Most genuine security software is made and distributed by well known companies including, but not limited to, Norton, Kaspersky, Malware-bytes and AGV. All of those (and others) have there own genuine websites.

I appreciate it can be difficult or daunting to look through the web for a genuine security product. My sincerest suggestion is that, if a user finds it difficult to choose a security product, help from a computer literate / compitent family member, friend or professional should be sought.

Safe surfing all and kind regards,

M.

*(I used to build and maintain home computers for clients and have some experience helping businesses out on such amatters)