Everyone please read, as we are having a problem with spammers

All moderators and founders of Ben's Friends work very hard to keep spammers off the site, however their methods of applying for membership get more sophisticated each day. Just on this site, we must decline 25-50, maybe more, a day. There are individual spammers and something we refer to as a 'spambot', some kind of computer devised to mass solicit.

They will do their best to convince you to buy a so called 'miracle cure', and will want your phone number, your credit card number, or your bank account number, maybe even try to get your social security number.

They may try to sell you sex, or conversations about sex. They may have a hard luck story asking for money. Who can know, and they will contact as may people as they can in rapid fire fashion, knowing we are on the look-out for them at all times.

Should you EVER encounter them, NEVER CLICK ON THEIR LINK, as it may be the way they can access your private information, or plant a virus, or back door Trojan on to your computer. Just notify a moderator as soon as you get it, if you do not see one on the board, compose a message and send it to all of us, our names and photos are at the top of the 'member' page.

Thank you all for helping to keep our members safe, and our group a haven.

Wishing you all well,

LivingwithFibro.org Moderators

Thanks for this. N

Thanks Ben,

I really can't think of anything bad enough to describe these sort of people. They are just despicable.

regards

Beryl

Thank, you, I apreciate the warning. Bron

Thanks Ben for the alert. My appreciation. Nan.

Thanks a lot. I did run into a weird thing on this site awhile ago. But I did delete it. And nothing since then. Thanks again for watching out.

Thanks for alerting us to this extremely important information. It's always helpful to "heads-up" on this kind of thing, especially, as I personally, am a very trusting soul. Unfortunately, you can't be this way anymore, in some situations...,very sad! ;o(

Thank you for letting us know and thank you for keeping this site as spam free as you can.
Linda :)

You can still be trusting (a nice quality) if you don't use public computers, and never give out personal info. Generally, stay in touch with whom you know. Facebook alsohas alot of dubious characters. I stupidly went to one oft those Internet cafes, and thieves stole my password. Eventually Gmail Inc.(Google) helped get my old account back. Apparently, they (THE BAD GUYS) are looking for credit card numbers. I had to create a new account because it took Gmail a while to get its act together,. It was a pain in the neck. Royal.

rose said:

Thanks for alerting us to this extremely important information. It's always helpful to "heads-up" on this kind of thing, especially, as I personally, am a very trusting soul. Unfortunately, you can't be this way anymore, in some situations...,very sad! ;o(

I'm sorry that happened to you Neta! No offense to anyone, but I'm not on Facebook. It's plenty enough for me to keep up with emails (legit) and sites like this on my laptop. I know many, many people use/enjoy Facebook, including several that I personally know!That's great for them, although it's not for me. I'm just saying...,ha! ;o)

Thank you for this information, and for looking out for us!

Thanks.will be careful.

Thanks Ben for being such a diligent and busy moderator!

I really appreciate the spam warning!

Warm wishes,

Robin Yule