Chiropractor

This happened to me a while ago. About 15+ years ago I saw a Chiropractor who manipulated my neck and I couldn’t believe it, he asked me to get up and walk which I did and walked normally for about 5 minutes but then Ataxia kicked in with my wide gate. Years later a Physiotherapist did similar and the same thing happened. Weird I know and never found out why??? Any thoughts? My Ataxia was diagnosed as alcohol related.

:thinking: Some do people recommend therapy from a Chiropractor…
But generally speaking the majority haven’t tried this for relief with ataxia, .and there is no research to say it would have a beneficial effect on ataxia.
:thinking: It’s possible you may have a ‘misalignment’ that was momentarily corrected…

:thinking:I’ve had numerous Epley Manoeuvres for BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Posterior Vertigo) …and on a couple of occasions after the Manoeuvre I experienced sensations of complete clarity, it was like stepping into a different world…I felt normal, no Vestibular issues. But sadly it only lasted long enough for me to recognise the difference, then I was back to my ‘new normal’. My NeuroPhysiotherapist couldn’t give an explanation.