Driving

hi isolde..

i have sca 3.. i try not to drive at night cause i get tired and frustrated with other road users. I also aave double vision, but this is fixed with glasses that have prism in them, mine is like 10 base out.. left eye abit lazy..

if anyone has double vision try and get at least two optometrist togive you a script as no two optoms give u the same script and then you can decide.

good luck all..

this disease s....s

Hi Beryl! I have the perfect car. Mini Cooper. :-))) which I love love love. Just wish I could afford a race car seat for my home office! There is something very wonderful about finding the right seat. A lot of the time I get a bad case of the stupids standing or sitting because my brain has to waste so much energy on balancing that it doesn't have much left for complex thinking. The right chair or pillow combo can work wonders. Yes on a good day everything is perfect!!!! ;-)
Beryl Park said:

Hi Blueberry!

You desire two extremes here! A sports car would take some manouvreing in and out of

(my son has one) and a jeep (I used to have one) is quite high, you have to hitch yourself up onto the seat,

that's because I have short legs! Could you have a 'sports seat' in your current car? xB

You're right, on a good day everythings perfect!

Blueberry said:

I have limited driving. Can't do much more than an hour on familiar simple low traffic roads without getting really fatigued and losing vision and coord, and can't do downtown crowded or inter sectioning or commuter traffic situations on most days and definitely not anyplace that I don't know really well.

BUT I have found that I do much better with my spatial displacia if I a.) drive a car with more road feel (tire vibration) so I can "feel" the road. SPORTS CAR!!! :-))) .....or maybe a jeep ;-/ 2.) I need a car with really good body hugging wrap around seats to give me lot's of body position feedback and balance support. 3.) a sunroof so I can feel the warmth of the sun on my head and know which way is up.

I'll never be able to drive a cadillac but I do dang well with the right car and right environment. :-)

Blueberry, a nice snug comfy chair is absolute bliss! Yet, I spend too much time sat on a hard

kitchen chair at this laptop, a sports style seat would be ideal!

We're thinking about changing my car shortly. Over the years I've been lucky to have quite

a variety, most my husbands cast-offs! I had an MGB GT years ago but it was a hard top,

I'd never be able to get in or out of it now. The biggest was one of the larger Volvo Estates,

how I managed it down narrow streets with cars doubleparked either side...! Just the

thought of that horrifies me now. But when I was younger I had nerves of steel, a girl racer!xB

Hah! I was a Triumph girl, then an Alfa girl, girl racers rule! Loved zipping around in those little two seaters but argh not today. Yep too low, no airbags etc. Too big also a problem. We sound like Goldilocks finding the one that's just right. :-)

Beryl Park said:

Blueberry, a nice snug comfy chair is absolute bliss! Yet, I spend too much time sat on a hard

We're thinking about changing my car shortly. Over the years I've been lucky to have quite

a variety, most my husbands cast-offs! I had an MGB GT years ago but it was a hard top,

I'd never be able to get in or out of it now. The biggest was one of the larger Volvo Estates,

how I managed it down narrow streets with cars doubleparked either side...! Just the

thought of that horrifies me now. But when I was younger I had nerves of steel, a girl racer!xB

It was great, being young and flitting around in a fast car, I thought I was it!

Being seen in the right car was so important! Happy Days! :-)

Blueberry said:

Hah! I was a Triumph girl, then an Alfa girl, girl racers rule! Loved zipping around in those little two seaters but argh not today. Yep too low, no airbags etc. Too big also a problem. We sound like Goldilocks finding the one that's just right. :-)

Beryl Park said:

For me just getting in any car is an ordeal but I do enjoy going for a ride.I did have a lovely Saab once but couldn't afford the parts.

Yes lovely Marie, and so easy to manage in tight spaces! xB

Marie Turner said:

For me just getting in any car is an ordeal but I do enjoy going for a ride.I did have a lovely Saab once but couldn't afford the parts.