Emotional remedies

Lately, I have difficulty getting very annoyed and very stressed, when there is no logical precipitating factor. Do any of you know any tips on how to help my 24-7 PMS'ing?

the Secret by Rhonda Byrne

removing all negative thought that you having

you can do this

its understanding your feelings

the anger is probally frustation

I can relate to this and I personally feel it is due to feel frightened of the unknown. I try to lay on the bed with my hypnotherapy DVD but of course this isnt always 'convenient'. Venting on here or other forums helps too.. try not to 'blame' others ;-) Hugs from Patsy xx

well you can always vent here if your having a bad day

hugs Lorraine xx

i can relate to your fears xx

loz said:

well you can always vent here if your having a bad day

hugs Lorraine xx

Thank all of you for the replies. No real need to vent I was just meaning generally. I get way aggrivated by thing that are trivial and then completely calm for bigger deals. I'm just not sure why I have things so backwards. It's weird!

So glad somebody else has days like me........Ataxia is so lonely, I only get through with the help of my work..........I work in mental health and every day I see people who are worse than me. Cruel I know but it makes me feel better.

Sarah

make me your friend i am always around

we need each others support

Lorraine

x

It is lonely. Most of the people here have ataxia through no fault of their own. Since mine is a result of a suicide attempt a lot of people won’t give me a chance. I’m trying to get into mental health as well. It’s just hard when people act like they’ll catch my ataxia.

Sarah Lacey said:

So glad somebody else has days like me…Ataxia is so lonely, I only get through with the help of my work…I work in mental health and every day I see people who are worse than me. Cruel I know but it makes me feel better.

Sarah

Hi Liz, I can tell you what works for me in hope something I do gives you your won idea.

I read a night time devotional just before I turn out the lights. This way I have somethought to sleep with that is positive all night. I read "End your Day right" and in the morning I read "Start your Day out Right" by Joyce meyer's. There is one for page for each day of the year. Each page has one to two short paragraphs for you to tink about over and over. The thoughts really help me NOT to think about forsing myself to do something. I tend to get irritated when I'm trying to do something one way and my body just won't coroperate with me.

Exsample: This morning I usually make coffe for my husband before he comes down. Then I get to have my quiet time before the day starts. Well I read in order to have less fatigue to drink atleast 6 glasses of water per day and start off with a nice cold glass after you wake to get your body going before you put coffee or anything elce in. Long story short my glass of water fell into the coffee pot and cracked it so I couldn't use the pot ( I had that fight or flight feeling, man did I get ticked off). Well I thought ok Jeannie you can choose to be creative here, how can I at least get one cup out of this situation, humm what a challenge (that I wasn't happy with I might add). So I put water in for one cup and used a fork to hold up the sensor to get the coffee to come out through the spout. So at least he had coffee and I did the same for me! I was prouod of myself that I didn't let that cituation win, I overcame and was creative with thinking! Cool I thought.

Then I sat down to have my quiet time and prayed to have that citualtion come out of me. I said I didn't want it inside of me anymore. Then I read today's devotion and got to meditate on something elce.

So I play tricks with myself like this over and over and chauk it up to yes having ataxia does make things harder if I don't really focus (sometimes even when I do). Yes I have challenges daily that effect me, but I'm lucky that I can choose how I want to feel by sitting myself down sometimes and giving myself a good talking to about my attitude. For me remembering that I do have a choice helps me along with making a list of things I can do to help me get out of my funk when I'm not in one so I can use it later!

I try not to be hard on myself for not being able to do something. Everyday is diffrent so if one day things aren't going right and I don't seem to be ale to turn things around I choose a down day and give in because tomorrow will be diffrent. I have to allow bad days once in a while and know it's ok!

I hope something I go throuogh or said makes you think today! :0) Choose to make it a great day! :0)

P.S. I forgot to mention that I had to fourse myself to do some of the streching Yoga moves that I have been doing. Getting oxygen in my mind and having to focus on deliberate movements (even just for a short time) ifts deperesion they say for 2 hrs afterwards and it works. Try it sometime! :0)

I'm always reading and tring to find new ways of doing things or trying to look at things, either books or the internet. I find not only do I find it help's my cognative abiliby but gets me out of funks! :0)

Liz Weeks said:

It is lonely. Most of the people here have ataxia through no fault of their own. Since mine is a result of a suicide attempt a lot of people won't give me a chance. I'm trying to get into mental health as well. It's just hard when people act like they'll catch my ataxia.

Sarah Lacey said:

So glad somebody else has days like me........Ataxia is so lonely, I only get through with the help of my work..........I work in mental health and every day I see people who are worse than me. Cruel I know but it makes me feel better.

Sarah

My Ataxia is a result of my own also. Please don't beat yourself up.You made a mistake.Remember each day is a new beginnning.Keep in mind, we may not know anyone with ataxia.But we do have others that love us.

how ever we got it

we have it

and have to cope with it every day

love and hugs

Lorraine x

sending you a big hug xx

Hi Liz - I have to laugh at the 24-7 PMS thing - I totally get it. I think the unexpected tears of stress and/or annoyance is just a bonus =)

I found myself crying when on the phone with a laptop support person - yeah it was frustrating - but nowhere near "crying status".

I like and agree with Jeannie Ball's comment about tomorrow is a new day, and you get to choose how you react - sometimes easier said than done =) Also, the preparing your recording for your 7- or 8-hour (hopefully) "marinade" of sleep.