Experience with adipose stem cell treatments: news interview

Members, we are posting this discussion on behalf of a reporter who is writing a story on adipose stem cell treatments, and learned that some of us have researched or tried this treatment for ataxia. Please read below if you may be interested in being interviewed:
Hi everyone. I'm a freelance journalist. I work with various science news or popular science magazines like Science and with National Public Radio. I was hoping to get to speak with some of you about a few discussions I've seen posted on this forum about something called adipose stem cell therapy. There are many clinics offering this in the United States, and I saw from the public discussions that some of you were interested in getting these treatments. If anyone has any insight into adipose stem cell treatment or has actually undergone the therapy, I'd love to speak with you.
Thanks! Contact me at ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■. I hope to hear from you soon.

I had not heard of adipose stem cell treatments.

See Stem Cell Rejuvenation Center. The disclaimer on their site says the following,

Disclaimer: Even though our Treatments are done using autologous cells, our Stem Cell Therapies are not approved by the FDA. Stem Cell Treatments are not a cure for any condition, disease or injury, nor a substitute for proper medical diagnosis and care. Again, Stem Cell Treatments are not a cure for any condition, disease or injury, nor a substitute for proper medical diagnosis and care. The information we communicate is not medical advice. It is intended to be used for educational and information purposes only. We do not use collagenase in our stem cell treatment. It’s important for you to do your own research based on the options that we present to you so that you can make an informed decision.

There are some studies by researchers for acute spinal injuries patients and the use of adipose stem cells so I urge all to look those up to inform yourselves.

The Center I referenced above charges $7100.00/treatment. This will be out of pocket.

I found nothing on the net that would indicate the treatment would be useful for Cerebellar Ataxia.

Thank you for looking out for our members, pgillenw. To be clear, Ben's Friends is not offering an endorsement of this treatment. The FDA has some helpful resources for patients regarding stem cell treatments that we encourage all of you to read: http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm286155.htm