Eye exercises for vertigo?

I found I got brief vertigo 15-30 seconds if I lay in bed and turns.

Should I see an ENT or my neuro?

I remember somebody mentioned eye exercises before, can you provide some advices and suggestion?

Chris

I had something like this a month ago. I was diagnosed with BPPV or positional vertigo. I would get this getting out of bed and while I was doing sit ups, my pcp sent me for physical therapy, where I learned a maneuver to help. Basically this is caused by crystals in ear canal, these crystals will dissolve. Maybe this is what you are experiencing

Jack:

Thanks a lot! How is your BPPV diagnosed? By pcp in clinic? What is pcp?

It happened to me 5 days ago, each time vertigo lasted less than 1 minutes for sure. Do you have a link for maneuver?

Thanks a lot!

primary care physician

try www.vestibular.org, modified epleys maneuver, but see your doc first

Jack, thank you so much!

The eye exercises are called Cawthorne Eye Exercises. I have vertigo problems off and on and my neuro gave me the exercises which do get rid of the crystals. There is also a med to take called Meclizine which may or may not help the dizziness. Good luck.

walkergal, thank you so much!

PCP - primary care provider - the person who takes care of you for most things - general practitioner.

Chris said:

Jack:

Thanks a lot! How is your BPPV diagnosed? By pcp in clinic? What is pcp?

It happened to me 5 days ago, each time vertigo lasted less than 1 minutes for sure. Do you have a link for maneuver?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Chris, I think you might have been looking for this maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP-UYhAk6tA I have also had to deal with dizziness/lightheartedness to and was given these exercises to do. They do help allot! I was given these by Movement center at UCSF.Hope they help you.

Jeannie:

I watched this video. It seems easy to follow! I will give it a try!

Thank you!

Chris

I was diagnosed with BPPV too. Once a doctor diagnoses it, it's a fairly simple solution to fix it. It's pretty common for those over the age of 50.

Your description of laying in bed and turning your head, is how I experienced it. It felt like I needed to hold on to the bed for dear life. Horrible. But again, if that's what it is, it's fixable with no medication or surgery. Just the maneuver and your good to go.

Julie:

Thanks a lot!

Chris

I asked my Occupational therapist about it and she said there are specific exercises they can do to help. I would contact your doctor (just your GP) and have hi check it out. May be other causes.

Kay:

Thank you!