Fatigue and tired

What are people doing for severe fatigue and no energy even after a good night sleep.

I keep on going, but pace myself during the day and do whatever I can. The less I do, the more tired I get, but the more I do, the more tired I get too…a vicious circle.
Make sure you eat well and if possible up your protein intake.
Take care and keep smiling.

Same as Cicina .. pace myself. I always do exercise and chores in the morning and nap after lunch.

In the afternoon I use my computer to work or knit and watch tv. I try not to turn tv on till 4 or 5pm.

Finding things to do seems to help. Take care, Patsy x

I'm exhausted ALL the time, no matter how much sleep I get, also. What is the reason for this?

On waking I can tell almost immediately if it’s going to be a ‘useful’ day, or a sofa day.
Sometimes, a good night’s sleep doesn’t guarantee alertness, for some reason I’m plagued
with fatigue all day.
But, when the tables turn, my head is clear and I have energy to burn, I get carried away
and push myself too far! Obviously, this has repercussions and I’m back to square one with
a run of sofa days :slight_smile: xB

I have extreme fatigue all the time, even when I sometimes get a better sleep. What I do is break the day into small parts, washing up and getting dressed, then lie down and listen to my i pad for a while, then tidy up a bit, and rest, in the afternoon go for a walk in the mall, andpick up coffee from the drive-thru(together time), then rest until supper, If I have physio or appointments I adjust accordingly. It can't be changed, so you just do what you can.

I agree with everyone that's already commented! Also, for me, I can't go to bed at night until I'm almost falling asleep, as I toss and turn and usually end up having to get up for a while. I have sleep apnea, diagnosed at the same time as my ataxia, and use a C-Pap machine when I sleep at night (my neurologist says many people with ataxia have sleep apnea for some (?) reason). So, as Cicina said, it's a vicious cycle! Wish I had a better answer for fatigue, as it sounds like we're all in the same boat..., ;o)

Carlous Bobo Beryl and I are identical in actions. I would have written the exact same thing.

Even though we have different ataxia's, it is said that the ataxia symptoms from one type can overlap with the one you have .

I was told I have chronic fatigue and fatigue is a very common symptom of ataxia. Not everyone gets it, but most do.

Mr Dr. told me to rest when I need to because the body is trying to compensate and rest itself where we are doing quadruple time doing other things that were once no thinkers for us.

Nothing wrong if you want to nap - do it.

I get tired easily now when do my physio exercise daily. The physiotherapist ask me to do less but more times. Let’s say instead of ten times. Break it to 5 in morning n evening. I try not to sleep in afternoon unless need to. Sometimes just sit close my eyes n rest. So that can sleep at night. I have to take bladder medicine to not get up n urinate too many times. Before 5times. Now 2 or sometime 3 times. I also have to take dream tables as I act out my dream but now not much. Less stress as not working now

I so agree with the pacing oneself! We pay dearly for doing more than we should have without a braek!

Cicina said:

I keep on going, but pace myself during the day and do whatever I can. The less I do, the more tired I get, but the more I do, the more tired I get too....a vicious circle.

I so agree with the pacing oneself! We pay dearly for doing more than we should have without a braek!

Cicina said:

I keep on going, but pace myself during the day and do whatever I can. The less I do, the more tired I get, but the more I do, the more tired I get too....a vicious circle.

Wow...I couldn't have said it better! And the repercussions are no fun!

Beryl Park said:

On waking I can tell almost immediately if it's going to be a 'useful' day, or a sofa day.
Sometimes, a good night's sleep doesn't guarantee alertness, for some reason I'm plagued
with fatigue all day.
But, when the tables turn, my head is clear and I have energy to burn, I get carried away
and push myself too far! Obviously, this has repercussions and I'm back to square one with
a run of sofa days :-) xB

My neurologist recommended CoQ10 (800 mg. a day) and Vitamin E (400 mg.). This has helped greatly in alleviating my fatigue most of the time.