Getting tired more often and quickly

It may be the heat and humidity that’s getting to me as well as trying to cope with the Ataxia. But I find myself getting tired quickly even though I didn’t do anything more than I did before when I was younger. Sound familiar?

2 Likes

I am tiring as well, usually around 4 or 5. Sleep I find can cause a bad day. It’s very important to ataxia to have enough sleep. I find myself hating to cook or do things after dinner as I have no energy. I think it’s important to push oneself.

2 Likes

Hi KBo, Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:
You’re right it is important to still feel we can accomplish everyday tasks etc because it boosts self esteem. But at the same time rest is also important, it’s so easy to overtire and then fatigue is harder to deal with. Creating a fine balance is the answer :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi KBo :blush:
I also seem to be getting tired and feeling like I can’t go any further, I have to stop and rest it is like my body is giving out on me.

2 Likes

Your body has to use something like 300 muscles just to stay standing, and all those signals are getting scrambled now, so be easy on yourself. Having ataxia is hard work!! I can no longer do big dinners so at Christmas I started doing a brunch—it’s a better time of day for me, I can prepare some things ahead and have the mess cleaned up before I’m exhausted.

2 Likes

Hi KBo welcome! Yes also find I’m not wanting to cook at night to tried, so I try and start early afternoon. I used to be able to make a three course meal for dinner party’s and loved doing it! I have lost the passion as well for cooking food and my apatite has changed.

2 Likes

Yes sound’s familiar I woke up at 7am the other day and was back in bed at 9.30am until 11.30am after a 10 hour sleep! Just have to go with it! our bodies need rest to recoup.

2 Likes

Sleepy-not just tired. Also some shortness of breath :sunglasses::wave:

1 Like

We must try to understand that we Ataxians have to work so very hard to achieve things we used to do so easily, and what others take for granted. We all need more rest and sleep and it so hard for our loved ones to understand. We all must try to be positive and do whatever we are able to, and enjoy it. We must not give up or get depressed. Keep as active as we can. keep the grey matter in order and fight. Peter Banks Ashbourne England

2 Likes