Hi I’m patsy

Diagnosed with late onset cerebellar ataxia at 71

Welcome Patsy. I have SCA2. I was diagnosed pre-symptomatically in 2008 (age51), when my birth mother was also diagnosed. I’d probably had a few incidents prior that I now realize were probably related, but the symptoms started to really interfere with stuff by the time I was in my mid-fifties. I’m 62 now. Hopefully you’re doing okay :blush:

WELCOME. We look forward to your posts.

Hi Patsy, welcome :slightly_smiling_face: I’m 69, currently between suspected types :woozy_face: but I do have Cerebellar Atrophy, and I live in the UK. My symptoms started way back when I was in my mid 40s, but I was only positively diagnosed with ataxia in 2011. As the years have passed symptoms have varied, but now I find I’m experiencing almost everything that is listed.
I hope you have access to a good Neurologist, and kind support :slightly_smiling_face: There can’t be much we haven’t discussed on this site, please feel welcome to ask any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you Beryl. Very frustrating situation for sure and still not trusting what I have. It’s helpful

To read comments though.