How to Get More Sleep

Anyone want to share suggestions for getting in more sleep? We need extra sleep to help our sad dying brain cells recharge. Those of you able to nap, count yourselves lucky! I have my ADHD son home with me all day again now, so I cannot. I have been limping along on about 5-6 hours a night for awhile and it’s driving me a bit crazy.

Any tips for getting to sleep early and staying asleep? Meds that will still let you operate machinery the next day?

2 Likes

I agree we need good sleep including nap after lunch. I manage 7 hours sometimes nearer 8 and 30 minutes or more nap … if I don’t nap I use hypnotherapy recordings… Andrew Johnson on YouTube is my choice for this especially the one called moving on

I try not to sleep during the day, no matter how tempting it is…although I find it impossible not to drop off to sleep in the evening. Generally, sleeping so close to bedtime has no effect on how soundly I sleep but, I’m often woken by leg pain during the night, and then find it difficult to get back to sleep…Stretching the affected leg helps…