I'll be honest

:woozy_face: Currently, my daughter has had her first baby, it was difficult she and needs support. And, we move house within the next few weeks, but not to our final destination :expressionless: Probably 2 short term moves will be involved first, and as yet nothing is finalised :scream:
I’m finding it very difficult not to get stressed due to the fact that I just can’t participate and help much with either situation.
The pressure is on, and I can’t see anything happening to ease it.

1 Like

I was diagnosed in my early 20s…told that I’d be wheelchair-bound by 30 and most likely wouldn’t live to see 40…I’m 46 now and still walking (with a cane, of course) so keep in mind that this disorder, in itself, won’t kill you. The odds of making it to “elderly” status are better than you think.

Where to begin... I'm almost 61 years old. I used to be a teacher. I was minding my own business when this hit me back in 2015. It's completely random. 

I live in Pennsylvania. I moved a few hours away back in June. I had a three floor townhouse, which I was very proud of - then I fell. After two LONG weeks in rehab (showers only twice a week), I was told that I couldn't live alone anymore. So I sold my house and bought a rancher near one of my sisters and my mom.

My friends say they're impressed that I'm handling all of this so well. For the most part, I am. But I do have my bad days.

I finally gave in and got a cleaning lady. I’m totally wiped out after changing the bed! Forget anything else!

My sister now says I need to find new friends. It has to happen organically. I don't drive. My speech is REALLY bad. I'm very self-conscious. She just doesn't get it. People always say they don't mind, but I do.

I'm so glad I found all of you. I never pictured my retirement this way! I thought I'd volunteer. I can't. I thought I'd maybe work part-time to break up the time. I can't. I can't do anything. I have balance issues, so I have to use a walker. I have speech problems, so my sister has to make all of my calls for me. A couple of years ago when it wasn't even as bad, I was on hold for almost fifteen minutes. When the customer service lady FINALLY picked up, she said "We must heave a bad connection" and she hung up! I was angry at the time, but now I have to laugh at it. I can't write very easily. Everything makes me tired. If I go without a nap on any day, I can't function very well.

I basically can't do anything. That's a cruel joke. People just don't get it.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY MY TYPING LOOKS LIKE THIS?

Do you mean the spacing?? You’ve probably set that as the parameter.

Chatkat - No, everything just looks strange! I didn’t change anything.

Hey Joyfulone,
Yes, I can tell you why.

<= When you've written your text you've left a space on the top margin, where the arrow is at the beginning of this line. The system pics this up as a quote and automatically places it in a greyed box
                To avoid this...

Start your text at the edge of the textbox this should solve the issue.

Hope it helps
Merl from the Moderator Support Team

Thank you. I can’t edit this now, but now I know.

It all started about 2.5 to 3 years ago for me. I noticed a was walking a little off balance and my handwriting was changing. Fast forward to now - I have been diagnosed with MSA with Ataxia about a year ago, I’m 64 now. I’ve been athletic my whole life (triathlons, bike racing, etc.) now I stumble walking, need a cane. I’m with all of you, of us, it is so freakin frustrating, hard, exhausting. But, the thing that keeps me going is my family, their support, my wife, and a positive thoughts about a life lived the best I could live it, bumps and all. And this one saying from my mother, “IT COULD BE WORSE.” S*&t happens let’s deal with it positively fellow, ATAXIANS!!

1 Like