Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) helps?

I found following:

“According to the Low Dose Naltrexone home page [LDN], LDN has been seen to benefit many different neurodegenerative diseases associated with autoimmune processes, including Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease. Dr. Bernard Bihari [Bihari2003], [Bihari2013], who has successfully treated over 300 autoimmune cases, reports that “all have experienced a halt in progression of their illness. In many patients there was a marked remission in signs and symptoms of the disease.”

=> Anybody has experience with Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)?

:slightly_smiling_face: I’m a member of several ataxia support groups…and have very rarely seen mention of anybody trying Low Dose Naltrexone.

It’s an over the counter drug so probably safe??

1 Like

Naloxone is now available over the counter in the US, as a rescue medication for opioid overdose. Naltrexone as used here is (I believe) a different form. This was an interesting read. I will note that this particular article is 9 years old, but I found it to be a good read.

Sharon from ModSupport

So worth a try. I’ll ask my doctor and take it if she agrees. You cannot lose I guess.

:thinking: Yes…similar conditions are mentioned but…at best it’s likely to alleviate certain symptoms…it will be a case of trial and error, as is the case with prescribed medication anyway.

It just isn’t possible to obtain LDN over the counter here in the UK…it needs a doctors prescription.