Over hydration

Hope this may help someone else. My husband's balance and unsteadiness has been getting much worse. We heard a news piece about the dangers of over hydration on the brain. Since he drinks a LOT of water, we looked into it and have cut back on his water overconsumption. His symptoms have very much improved.

My wife tells me I need more water, I dont drink unless I am taking meds. I drink coffee and cocoa mainly and try to drink a little extra when taking pills I really dont enjoy water and have trouble swallowing and make a bunch of noise when I drink. With coffee and cocoa I sip it slow so I enjoy it and it does not bother me. I find my ataxia progresses every day and have found nothing to help.

Has he been checked for diabetes? Excessive thirst is a symptom.

I get tired of drinking plain water too. I found Crystal Light gives you the great flavor and a choice of many different flavors without anything else in it. I actually found the generic Walmart brand is the same and costs a lot less. Most of the brands have nothing in it but there are a few flavors that have some sugar in them.

gelu65 said:

My wife tells me I need more water, I dont drink unless I am taking meds. I drink coffee and cocoa mainly and try to drink a little extra when taking pills I really dont enjoy water and have trouble swallowing and make a bunch of noise when I drink. With coffee and cocoa I sip it slow so I enjoy it and it does not bother me. I find my ataxia progresses every day and have found nothing to help.