Question about muscle spasms

Hi. I’m wondering, as my ataxia seems primarily upper body…I’ve recently experienced two severe cramps in my left leg that were so painful and also twisted my foot…so painful. Are such spasms commonly known to occur with ataxia? Thanks! I do have a quick remedy…transdermal magnesium gel. Otherwise I have no idea how long my leg would have been spasmed. Again thanks for any and all input. JD

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation, Serior48! I get very painful muscle spasms my legs and often my toes curl on top of eacother which is painful and I can’t move them straight without using the other hand. I don’t know if this is ataxia-I’d be interested to hear from others. Anyone want to weigh in here?

You’re welcome…I get the gel from Raw Revelations…www.rrsuperfoods.com if you don’t have a source…JD

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: Muscle spasms, cramp and stiffness are not uncommon symptoms with ataxia. If the problem can be solved by applying gel etc to the skin all well and good​:slightly_smiling_face:

Baclofen and Tizanadine can be prescribed. Botox injections can last up to 3mths🙂xB

2 Likes