Speech issues and other things

Anybody have problems not just with slurred speech but also with having a lisp and a stammer as well? Also with making noises like a drunken burbling that follows what you’ve said? This is a kind of vocal tremor I think.
This goes with excessive salivation, dribbling at night and hiccups on waking and across the day- was up to forty a day now about ten or twelve now on Gabapentin.
Am having X-ray to see the swallowing as I’ve got twitching and jerking in the throat.
Would love to know of others with any of these.

Hi - I had a few MBS/swallow studies performed until I was cleared to drink water-thick substances without thickener. However, I still get hiccups…pretty much out-of-the-blue.

Usually the following helps me to get rid of them:
-Inhale-Swallow-Exhale

Also, have you seen “The King’s Speech”? I haven’t yet, but a couple of people have said that it’s good to see, especially if you have speech issues.

Not a good morning today. Don woke up dizzy, slurred speech, mobility issues-using the walker this morning. He is sooo sad and frustrated and apologetic. Me, I'm loving him dearly and am encouraging to accept his limitations and not to be embarrassed or ashamed. It is what it is - and does not define who he is. Starting the disability paperwork from work. Life is getting harder from the "old" perspective. The new perspective will force us both to slow down and take time to smell the roses. I cannot thank you enough for being here.

Julie

In don't slur like most but talking is difficult. I think the breathing is compromised.

Yes, I do stutter occaisonly when speech is really difficult. I kwon stuttering and slurring seem to be

Opposites. But I put it down to my brain and month struggling communicate more then norrmally.

I can't speak fluently anymore.In fact I struggle to speak at all.I dread answering the phone or any questions.I miss that far more than movement.I can manage to overcome loss of movement but loss of speech when you have had it for years is the worst part for me.I think it is the breathing and speech with me.

I agree completely, Marie.

Marie Turner said:

I can’t speak fluently anymore.In fact I struggle to speak at all.I dread answering the phone or any questions.I miss that far more than movement.I can manage to overcome loss of movement but loss of speech when you have had it for years is the worst part for me.I think it is the breathing and speech with me.