Teeth grinding:-(

I for one, have now begun to "grind' my teeth whilst sleeping..And boy,does it hurt!.So I've found this link that explains the many reasons as to why..Sheesh!Just so many that relate to Ataxia.If you have any good remedies to share, I/us would greatly appreciate your thoughts..

Take care everyone..Ozzy

http://symptoms.rightdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/slurred-speech/speech-ataxia/teeth-grinding-desc-sall.htm

A good mouthgaurd should do the trick

Dancermom, I don't know how you do it but you always manage to post something that is either something that I think I can help you with or something that I can relate to. This time it is my wife who grinds her teeth in the night while sleeping. She does not have Ataxia but has many physical problems with pain all over and other things. Grinding her teeth is one of them! She has been diagnosed with Hashimoto's (SP), a chronic problem with hypothyroid and the physician's catch-all, Fibromyalgia. I have not read your link yet but how nice! She has a mouth guard from her dentist but I am anxious to read more about it!