A newbie

Hey guys, I'm new here. Really impressed with the site. I was diagnosed with Friedreich's Ataxia fiive years ago - when I was 15.

Let's keep fighting and remain positive!

Adam.

Hi Adam, great attitude! They will find something to help soon. Stay well and positive.Warmest wishes Anna xx

Lots happening for FA...

See Discussions.

Kep smiling :-)

Sharon

Good attitude! Keep it up as long as you can. Friends are very important to me right now in keeping me from getting too"sad" and frustrated.Their "chatter"[ keeps me from dwelling on the bad.

Just by their driving when we want to do something is huge. Always being right there with a helpful arm and ready to carry my packages and I feel grateful.

I need to find some helpful exercise though as I can feel myself stiffen up. Any of you go to the YMCA for some kind of gentle swim exercise? Does it help? I'd love to go to the beach but I can't walk in the sand or go into moving water again.

Hey. Exercise is really important for me. I go to a local disability accessible gym - machines can be used either in a wheelchair or in the normal machine seat. I find, even with my balance and co-ordination problems, static machines are great for me. Give it a go!

Umigal said:

Good attitude! Keep it up as long as you can. Friends are very important to me right now in keeping me from getting too"sad" and frustrated.Their "chatter"[ keeps me from dwelling on the bad.

Just by their driving when we want to do something is huge. Always being right there with a helpful arm and ready to carry my packages and I feel grateful.

I need to find some helpful exercise though as I can feel myself stiffen up. Any of you go to the YMCA for some kind of gentle swim exercise? Does it help? I'd love to go to the beach but I can't walk in the sand or go into moving water again.

welcome adam, i've had ataxia since birth but welcome to the site i've learned many interesting things about ataxia and found several friendships bilt.

...Welcome to our group,Adam....

Dear Adam, A HUGE welcome to this site! Keep that positive attitude, as that's half the battle!..., ;o)

Welcome to the group and site Adam

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Welcome Adam to family

Hello Adam

It saddens me deeply that ataxia struck you at such a young age. I wish for lots of wonderful other things in your life. Remember this, your body is just the house you live in. It's not WHO you are.So stay your own boss, right. Fill your life to the utmost and only focus on the CAN DO's. Huge hug from Holland, Elle.

1 Like

Thanks Elle. I'll remember that! Great way of putting things :)

Elle Strik said:

Hello Adam

It saddens me deeply that ataxia struck you at such a young age. I wish for lots of wonderful other things in your life. Remember this, your body is just the house you live in. It's not WHO you are.So stay your own boss, right. Fill your life to the utmost and only focus on the CAN DO's. Huge hug from Holland, Elle.