Anything other than Baclofen work for you?

Hi again me. Tracie for. Mumt terry is really bad as she had a bad turn yesterday when she she screamed out in the opening feeling her. Legs needed holding then she had a spasm and then seems unconscious for a while and then terrible for the day -could it be the Baclofen doing it. Thanks

I don't see Baclofen causing it, it's more of a relaxant, of course I could be wrong. I'll tell you this though, this is the first time I heard of this ever happening other than to myself. It hasn't happened in a while (knock on wood) but I use to have episodes of some serious shaking in my whole body, mainly the legs. I recall my legs shaking so bad, it felt they were going to bend the opposite way, hurt so bad. As far as Baclofen,my doctor says it's biggest side effect is someone getting tired.

Gianluca

Oh, I forgot. Due to it causing tiredness a new medicine is suppose to improve Baclofen, in that, it won't have the tiredness associated with it, allowing someone to take a higher dose if needed. Of course I have no idea when sry. I've never tried anything else.

thanks so much for taking the time to reply I really appreciate it. Have been onto mums neurologist today but he’s on holiday. I sometime wonder if mum has more of dystonia than ataxia as she really has jerky legs and clawing feet and like. Hammer toes now its just so hard to know as also its like Parkinson’s too oh dear all. So confusing. Thanks again for your help

Gianluca said:

Oh, I forgot. Due to it causing tiredness a new medicine is suppose to improve Baclofen, in that, it won't have the tiredness associated with it, allowing someone to take a higher dose if needed. Of course I have no idea when sry. I've never tried anything else.

My Honey is on Verapamil. He tried Baclofen and had digestive issues,