Ataxia in the legs and feet and using Botox

Hi everyone I am Tracie and my mum is Terry she is the one with Ataxia but I am trying to help her. Is anyone getting relief from jerky legs and.feet and from the clawing feet as mum has been on so much over the 5 years and is now on Baclofen but it doesn’t really do anything. Neurologists have said they could try Botex in legs and or her feet but she’s worried it will make things worse as show won’t be able to stand or transfer have any of you had any experience good or bad are there ANY meds that help you, thank you

Did you try already magnesium?

For me it helps. Here a certain quantity has to be taken in distributed over the day, with the focus on evening night. I was on 500 two 750 but need not so much actually as the carbamacepine seems to contribute a little to my success. But this Carbamezepine it not for everyone, with cross reactions to other meds. All the best for your mother!!

Kind regards,

Akita

Thank you for taking the time to share this experience will let you know. How we get on x

Akita said:

Did you try already magnesium?

For me it helps. Here a certain quantity has to be taken in distributed over the day, with the focus on evening night. I was on 500 two 750 but need not so much actually as the carbamacepine seems to contribute a little to my success. But this Carbamezepine it not for everyone, with cross reactions to other meds. All the best for your mother!!

Kind regards,

Akita