Breathing exercise

Any of you tried Wim Hof breathing technique/ diaphragmatic breathing etc? I am doing the Wim Hof breathing for the past month - yes,I think I do feel more awakened.

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: This is the first time I’ve heard of Wim Hof…interesting

People who practiced the Wim Hof Method report many benefits, such as better sleep , better focus , more energy and stress reduction . When you regularly experience sleeping problems, the Wim Hof Method is a great way to improve your sleep .

2 Likes

Thanks for replying.

Ataxia has so many symptoms including mental deterioration that one cannot do enough.

Will try cold showers too!

Best regards

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Dear Parna, it is definitely new for my ears, never heard before. I would like to try as well. where have you learned from? what other deteriorations have you experienced besides mental? any dental issues, decay, chewing problems? any hearing problems, earaches, ear infections? please do share
God bless
Best Regards
Deepak

YouTube is a resource. Try the guided Wim Hof breathing.

I don’t yet have mental issues; but it is associated with SCA. I want to be proactive and try not to develop as many issues as possible. Some of the issues involved with SCA are choking, slurred speech, illegible handwriting, incontinence etc - this list is not exhaustive.

It is very scary to know all the symptoms that are associated with ataxia.

Wim Hof breathing is a diaphragmatic breathing similar to pranayama.

1 Like

Ohh I see, you know pranayama…Great :+1:

You bet they are really really scary…!! :woozy_face:

Started the cold showers for a week or so. Maybe it helps! I don’t feel anything as of yet.

:grimacing: Cold showers can be invigorating…but it’s not something I’m likely to try :wink:

Another way cold showers may work is by increasing endorphins, or the feel-good hormones in your brain. Endorphins can ease symptoms of depression and anxiety. Cold water may also decrease cortisol, a stress-inducing hormone.22 Jun 2020
https://www.healthline.com › health

1 Like

Be very cautious in case anyone tries. I was hyper ventilating for a week before I could tolerate it. Also now being so hot outside now helps.