Broken hand

fell and broke my hand. i need all the working limbs i can! any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that. Yes it could happen to anyone of us. No suggestions sorry. Only hope you get better soon.

Lori

Hi Amy I have broken wrist and finger in the past but not at the same time. Broken hand sounds very painful and debilitating.

Obviously exercising will be impossible and you will need more rest but hopefully you will be able to do a few stretches.

I bought a pedal machine that Kati recommended on here and it is really great - this would be good for you especially with your hand out of use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OXYCYCLE-ACTIVCYCLE-MOTORISED-ELECTRIC-PEDAL-EXERCISER-FREE-DELIVERY-/140743459397?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Mobility_Disability_Medical_ET&hash=item20c4f6c245#ht_562wt_656

..or indeed something similar.

I hope you have plenty of help and medical advice - do ask about physio when bones have healed.

Every good wish, Patsy

dear patsy,

just feel embarrassed to go anywhere. cane and broken hand!

Patsy said:

Hi Amy I have broken wrist and finger in the past but not at the same time. Broken hand sounds very painful and debilitating.

Obviously exercising will be impossible and you will need more rest but hopefully you will be able to do a few stretches.

I bought a pedal machine that Kati recommended on here and it is really great - this would be good for you especially with your hand out of use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OXYCYCLE-ACTIVCYCLE-MOTORISED-ELECTRI...

..or indeed something similar.

I hope you have plenty of help and medical advice - do ask about physio when bones have healed.

Every good wish, Patsy

Oh I know.. it shouldnt be like that Amy but cant help what we feel and it really knocks your confidence and self esteem.

I really feel for you. Hugs. Patsy

Patsy I can so relate to this. I fell and broke my wrist a few years ago and it was a vey humbling experience for me as well. But on the bright side, it worked out well in that my body learnt how to compensate for the lost arm (I was in a spica cast up to my upper and couldnt turn my hand at all! Due too me being stubborn, but I digress.) Putting a wrist weight around my uninjured wrist helped. It sound counterintuitive, but for me it worked. It worked as a physical cue to help me. My doc had me switch to my wheelchair while it was healing. Relying on my legs alone to propell myself helped strengthen my legs. Most importantly though, dont let it get you down. You have no reason whatsoever to be embarrased!

Gam zeh ya-avor (This too shall pass)