Cane suggestions

I think I’ll be more confident with a cane in some situations. Can you please give me suggestions as to what to buy for us ataxians?

Honestly, I don’t feel very confident using a cane. I don’t feel that it helps with my balance. Plus I look at it like a crutch.

When I “walk” I find it better to shuffle my steps but that’s me. To answer your question regarding getting a cane, I got mine through the Veteran’s Administration. Sorry I can’t help more!

1 Like

I hear you and feel similar!

Do you prefer a walker instead where you absolutely need a support??

Actually I do. I hate anything that is a “crutch “ but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

You’re tough! I wish to be like you!

I’ve had this stupid Illness for over 55 years now. I hate it because it really got in the way of my plans for my future. But it is what it is!

I’ve decided that I would make my life the best that I could. I was given excellent advice early on. There are two ways to look at this illness. Either you can let it overwhelm you or you can continuously try to overwhelm it. I chose the latter.

1 Like

Pushing myself out of comfort zone is not easy!

It might not be easy BUT it’s the right thing to do! :+1:

1 Like

Absolutely agree on that!

1 Like

I want to follow your physical exercise protocol if you do not mind. Can I please ask you some more questions. I want to stay as fit as possible to avoid the ravages of ataxia.

Of course!! I just messaged you.