Chat Room Confusion

Thanks to Squeaker96 of Fibro Community for bringing up clarifications about the Chat Room.

Here, I would like to share her post:

"I just wanted to post something regarding the chat rooms. Especially for those

new people, I see a lot that people will come in and say something and not get a

response. Those people will then make a comment about being ignored or they

will just find somewhere else to go. I have even seen one where they said

that it was cliquey. The side bar says the members online, it does not mean that

those members are in the chat. A lot of us have the page open and are doing

other things, doing research, playing games,reading the discussion boards. I

Always forget to shut the page before I leave so it looks like I am online a

lot more than I am. It is not meant to ignore anyone or make people feel bad. If

you are having a really bad day you can always post a discussion and I

guarantee you will get responses. They may not be immediate but it will help and

more people read the discussion boards then chat. I hope this helps! I really

feel bad when people are hurting and feel rejected. No one here wants you to

feel that way and it is not intentional. "

Scott,

You've hit the nail on the head with this one! Since this group is a world wide site, people are on different time zones as well. I'm not always comfortable with the "chat" aspect of this site. I'm not sure why. It certainly has nothing to do with not wanting to be a friend or just an "ear".

Thanks for addressing this "elephant in the room"! :-)

Thanks! Squekers deserves the credit!

Well said Squeakers! xB

Thanks for addressing this Squeakers and posting Scott! Personally I don't do the chat rooms, just the discussion forum. But that doesn't mean I don't care, as I do, very much!!! Just my personal preference..., ;o)

This is very true and I could not have put it better myself.

We all have times when we forget to log out or do not feel we can participate in chat - that does not mean we do not care though. There are times too when we may 'skim' the forum and not feel like answering as we do not know what to add or feel that what we would add is just a repeat of things already said. Again, this does not mean we do not care.

I feel that, for the most part, LWA has a very friendly and helpful community and would advise all members new or old, patient, family member or carer to not give up if a few threads, posts or chats are not responded to.

Well said, Michael! ;o)

thank you just looking for help and support