Does CoQ10 help ease Ataxia?

Does anyone know anything about what CoQ10 does for Ataxia? I thought it helped the heart.

Yes it does help with ataxia too. I take it and feel less tired. Some doctors will prescribe it especially if recommended by neurologist.

Patsy

I take it because I heard it was good but I wouldnt know if it has any affect or not.I think it is something to do with cell repair.Our brain cells have died through some cause or other.It might help repair those left.!!I dont experence tiredness but I did when I was depressed. CQ !O is taken for me allong with Vit E and B and Omega 3.Have not been precribed anything by the neurologist.I fond the vit E was good for past pointing and that feeling of being pushed.It went away but then the other symptoms of ataxia kicked in.

How many mg. do you take?

Marie Turner said:

I take it because I heard it was good but I wouldnt know if it has any affect or not.I think it is something to do with cell repair.Our brain cells have died through some cause or other.It might help repair those left.!!I dont experence tiredness but I did when I was depressed. CQ !O is taken for me allong with Vit E and B and Omega 3.Have not been precribed anything by the neurologist.I fond the vit E was good for past pointing and that feeling of being pushed.It went away but then the other symptoms of ataxia kicked in.

Thanks Micheal, I didn't go total GF But I am watching what I eat. No fast food,Plus a lot of other things. I just want to take some vitamums that are good for me . Not just a multie vitamin and D.

Michael Ward said:

COQ10 30MG 3 X DAY (BIO AVAILABLE) MANY STUDIES ON THIS AND IT'S BENEFITS

VITAMIN D 2 X DAY

OMEGA 3 3 X DAY

VITAMIN C 2 X DAY 500MG

VITAMIN B-COMPLEX EVERY OTHER DAY

MULTIPLE VITAMIN EVERY OTHER DAY

PROBIOTICS 3 TIMES A DAY WITH MEALS (PRIMAL DEFENSE CAPSULES)

PLUS CORRECT DIET:

NO FAST FOOD

NO PROCESSED FOOD

ORGANIC VEGETABLES

NO ICE CREAM

RANGE FREE CHICKEN

GRASS FED BEEF

FRESH CAUGHT FISH ( I AVOID LARGE FISH AND GO WITH MORE MEDIUM SIZE)

NO SODAS

NO JUNK FOOD

ALMOND MILK

GLUTEN FREE IN MY CASE (I EAT WELL TRUST ME)

CORE EXERCISE 2 X WEEK PLUS I DO DUMB BELLS ON OFF DAYS

DON'T FORGET TO DRINK LOTS OF WATER

ONCE YOU GET A A PROGRAM IT BECOMES EASIER HOWEVER AT FIRST IT TAKES A LOT OF RESEARCH AND EFFORT TO GO HOLISTIC.

IT DEPENDS WHAT YOU WANT OUT THE LIFE WE HAVE LEFT?

I REALIZE THAT FOR SOME THE COMFORT FOOD IS SATISFYING THERE FLESH.

FOR OTHERS THEY ONLY WILL DO WHAT A MEDICAL DOCTOR TELLS THEM?

OTHERS LIKE MYSELF TAKE A PROACTIVE APPROACH.

IT'S A MATTER OF IMPORTANCE!

I MAY EAT MY WORDS ONE DAY HOWEVER FOR NOW I'M MANAGING AS LONG AS I'M ABLE.

1 Like

Thanks!

Patsy said:

Yes it does help with ataxia too. I take it and feel less tired. Some doctors will prescribe it especially if recommended by neurologist.

Patsy

I take 200mg of CQ10 .

1 Like

Thank you all that answered. All your advice is very helpful. Its great that we can ask a question and get a real answer. I really think we know more about Ataxia then the doctors do. Everyone take care and be strong!

Lori

Thanks Marty! Just what I was looking for.

Lori

Marty said:

hi lori,i find that a high strength B complex vitamin is the best.it seems to make my brain function better.if i dont take B complex,then i feel more sluggish with no energy.i also take multi vit occasionally.and kelp.as i dont eat seafood,my iodine levels are pretty low,so the kelp helps to keep my thyroid function ok.

Hi Lori- I'm late on answering your question, but better late than never...ha! I take 300 mg of CoQ10 daily. I take Crestor for high cholestral and my cardiologist said to take CoQ10 for achy muscles. It has worked for that reason and I heard it was good (?) for ataxia so I figure it's a win, win situation. Hopefully it helps my ataxia, but I don't know for sure. I asked my neurologist about CoQ10 and he said alot of his patients take it, although he doesn't know if it's beneficial as studies that have been done didn't show clinical evidence that it helps ataxia. My advice is to ask your physician or neurologist their opinion and recommended dosage if they agree you should try it.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Rose!