coQ10 supplements

Is anybody taking coQ10 supplements? Any effects?

:slightly_smiling_face: I’ve been taking Ubiquinol (300mg) for a few months. I’m not prescribed, and I started off at 100mg…increasing gradually to see if I feel any better. I don’t expect it to make any difference to ataxia symptoms. I’d just like to feel better in myself.

Some people are deficient, and this can cause a type of Acquired Ataxia. This type of ataxia has very specific symptoms, generally early on-set, and this can be identified by testing.

I’ve seen posts where…people mention their Neurologist has prescribed doses up to 1200mg daily…whether these patients are actually deficient wasn’t made clear…nor whether they felt vastly different.

For the majority it’s likely a case of trying this yourself…

• If you are considering taking a CoQ10 supplement, it is important to choose the ubiquinol form. Ubiquinol is the more effective form of CoQ10, and it is also more easily absorbed by the body.

https://healthnews.com/longevity/longevity-supplements/ubiquinol-is-it-the-same-as-coq10/#:~:text=Ubiquinol%20and%20CoQ10%20are%20fundamentally,processes%20or%20specific%20health%20conditions.

Yes trying them again.