Embarrassing question

No constipation with Mybetriq, but I did have difficulty with oxybutynin. I
was up to 4 prunes a day. Now with Myrbetriq I eat 1. Lol. Seeing my
urologist this week to go over options but if Myrbetriq works, I’m staying
on it for now.

Lisa Cole

1 Like

Yes, urinary/bowel in-continence is one of the beginning symptoms of some SCA’s/MSA. It is nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed, although, I understand the situation too well. Most other medications, i’ve found, complicate bowel movements too. I have used nearly every medication going for urinary in-continence, and now self catheterize every time. I wear a diaper at night just in case. Unfortunately not much can be done for bowel-incontinence. I have had many accidents! The only advice I can give ( this is what I do ) is plan, plan, plan, in advance as much as possible washroom breaks before taveling. Limit fluid intake before trips. Try to empty out your bowels before traveling ( this sometimes will eleviate urinary problems and vise-versa ). Newer types of men’s protective briefs are more comfortable and discrete. I have found them very useful while traveling. If nothing else they give a bit sense of security. Many physicians I’ve found, have never heard of SCA’s/MSA. Know the condition and symptoms well, and be prepared to explain. Hope this helps, good luck.