Feelings of Despair

I know we have discussed before about that 'hang-over' feeling and anxiety/depression..But occasionlly I feel desperate! Like I'm sitting on a 'postage stamp',dangling my legs.Waiting for tomorrow to come yet to-day has not yet begun..The great thing about the 'Internet' is the chance to explore your dreams from the comfort and safety (which now has become paramount) of your home..

I have two wonderful children and two adorable grand children.My life has been worth every second of it.

..Your new friend LivingWithAtaxia..Ozzy

Allo, I've had some wine and my wee tabby cat is pulling on my pants just to let me know he's there. I'm not clear about the 'postage stamp' but i get in a difficult way myself. Wonder, sparkles grandchildren... and children.

It's almost 6am, didn't sleep last night either.

Best,

Sarra

Ozzy, wish I could come give you a hug and visit with you for awhile.

Oozy, you have a great attitude. It’s very inspiring!

I mean Ozzy lol

Feel the same way Ozzy.

I'll do my Arnie Swartzanegger..Iz darht a 9mm oozzy wit a 5 killometer radius ???

Jodie said:

Oozy, you have a great attitude. It's very inspiring!

Yes, it is hard to describe. Just an intense uneasiness that permeates everything. I have anxiety over nothing. If I need to call my doctor in the morning I will have trouble sleeping the night before.

You are so right though, it could be so much worse. We could suffer this and be starving, sleeping on a dirt floor, cold. No medication to ease the pain and nothing to do but just suffer. I count my blessings every second of every day. Sure it is bad, but there is so much to still be thankful for.-Randall

I know what you all mean. I keep thinking that one day I will be able to do everything I could do before. It really gets to me at times when I see others doing the simplest things that I no longer do. I have to step back & look at what I can do that I could not do before. I try not to let things get me down, when that does start to happen, I think of others that have it much worse than I do.

Hi Ozzy. The depression is caused by the ataxia itself. I use Prozac. Also Frenkel exercise....click here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenkel_exercises

Of course lots of cuddles help!

Thinking of others that have it much worse is how I cope............not to say I don't have those "feeling sorry for myself" days,but I try really hard something else is always doing research and trying to find an ANSWER!

Bob in st louis said:

I know what you all mean. I keep thinking that one day I will be able to do everything I could do before. It really gets to me at times when I see others doing the simplest things that I no longer do. I have to step back & look at what I can do that I could not do before. I try not to let things get me down, when that does start to happen, I think of others that have it much worse than I do.

Hello there Ozzy

Feelings of despair..YES, it all comes with the package Ozzy. A friend of mine who has rheumatism has a saying: what you GET you may KEEP. How true. But..we would all be crying buckets full if that would be of any help wouldn´t we.So we must focus on the CAN DO´s and not on the things we can´t anymore. That will only sadden you and get you nowhere. Find things you like to do, things you can occupy yourself with, things you can enjoy. Mind games, playing cards, reading, puzzles.. whatever. Easy talking you might think now. I know how difficult it is when sad or really depressed to take up on these things, to be able to enjoy again. BUT..it´s not like we have an alternative is it. So speak to yourself in a teach-like way: I don't WANT to be this sad person, I want to feel happy. There's more strength in you there Ozzy, so let IT take over. You are your own boss, right. Stay that way!

Hugs from Holland, Elle.

Hey!lots of cuddles back @ cha...all of you :-)

Being positive is the way to go but there is always being honest with yourself.Like many on here I know what I should think but am only human and often succumb to negative thoughts.I often feel despair.

Yes indeed Marie, if only we could be positive all the time ! My late sister had clinical depression and I used to get so annoyed with her at times but now my ataxia is more difficult to cope with, I am understanding how she used to feel.

I cling on to self hypnosis recordings .. this is an example but I have many on my MP3 which I take everywhere with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzsV6ZwZvlQ

It helps me get back on track.

Patsy x

Thanks a bunch for the youtube link Patsy and there's lots more out there I saw on the right side of this link:):) Every bit helps!

Patsy said:

Yes indeed Marie, if only we could be positive all the time ! My late sister had clinical depression and I used to get so annoyed with her at times but now my ataxia is more difficult to cope with, I am understanding how she used to feel.

I cling on to self hypnosis recordings .. this is an example but I have many on my MP3 which I take everywhere with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzsV6ZwZvlQ

It helps me get back on track.

Patsy x

Oozy, I heard you, I understand you well. No matter how hard I try, it sometimes gets me down. And then I can come up with the good spirit soon, bouncing back to normal myself. I used to wake up in the morning thinking what worse going to happen to me today. I was waiting for my condition to get worse everyday. I have met Dr. Tom Clouse and learned from him how to walk and do other things I used to enjoy. I applied Dr. Tom's methods of walking whenever I walk so wobbly or about to fall. It still works for me. I may not be able to do quickly but doing something. The worst enemy for me is doing nothing and thinking negatively about myself in my life. I practice my penmanship, read books, meditate daily, exercise with equipment I have in garage, and the best of all riding a recumbent trike once in 3 days. I also try to have a good diet with a help of Jennie who has been on a strict gluten free diet. It's also my realization that it's all up to me how to make a better life with ataxia.

Thanks to all the friends around me sending variety information I can use. Oozy, hope your spirit is up by now.

O'Tomoko,you are wonderful..Just reading your post has made my day..

Tomoko Jennings said:

Oozy, I heard you, I understand you well. No matter how hard I try, it sometimes gets me down. And then I can come up with the good spirit soon, bouncing back to normal myself. I used to wake up in the morning thinking what worse going to happen to me today. I was waiting for my condition to get worse everyday. I have met Dr. Tom Clouse and learned from him how to walk and do other things I used to enjoy. I applied Dr. Tom's methods of walking whenever I walk so wobbly or about to fall. It still works for me. I may not be able to do quickly but doing something. The worst enemy for me is doing nothing and thinking negatively about myself in my life. I practice my penmanship, read books, meditate daily, exercise with equipment I have in garage, and the best of all riding a recumbent trike once in 3 days. I also try to have a good diet with a help of Jennie who has been on a strict gluten free diet. It's also my realization that it's all up to me how to make a better life with ataxia.

Thanks to all the friends around me sending variety information I can use. Oozy, hope your spirit is up by now.

Damn depression has returned today..Had a problem at the Nursing Home with a rude staff member and now anxiety has gone ballistic.It seems that it doesn't take much of a drama to set you off! Do you find that?What I'll do is talk about it with others who suffer depression,that usually helps..No one else here has Ataxia so I'm venting my dilemma with you guys/gals.Hope ya don't mind >>Ozzy