Food experience

I want to know if there is any food or food supplement makes you feel better or worse. I am a qualified nutritionist and have worked on many projects before. I am trying to do some research on Ataxia and Food which would also include food supplement like vitamins, minerals, herbs and other nutrients. For example I stopped eating any wheat, flour, bread for nearly three weeks and I feel so much better. Did anyone make any such experience? Is there any food that makes your symptoms worse or better. Please send me as much information as possible.

Thanks

Deo

Oh yes Deo! Please check out the group here also called "Foods" if you haven't already.

I stopped all refined sugars, along with all flours and Gluten. Nothing processed. Nothing in a box or a bag. Organic as much as possible. I schedule eating = thought the days at the same time everyday. I have a lot of green tea hot and cold.

2T-3T of coconut oil, CQ10, vit D3, B Complex Multi and Calcium along with vit C.

I sleep 9 hours and seldom nap but feel sleep is as important as food.

I work on staying balanced Spiritually, mentally and physically as challenging as it is at times!.

I went Gluten Free in 2006. In 2008 I let go of all refined sugar and all flours. I've added things along the way. And have tried some things that didn't seem to help so after a few weeks I just let them go.

I have the herb parsley allot also in tea, adding to foods and salads etc., along with garlic. I make sure to have yogurt 8 oz (added probiotics), 12 oz of fruit, protein 8 oz's. 12 oz of veggies, 8 oz salad, and 10 oz grains per day. I don't snack I drink 6-8 glasses of water. It's a challenge at times but I find results so it makes it worth it to me to do.

I have been having MRI's to monitor the degeneration of my cerebellum. I'm happy to tell you that to date there isn't any more! My last one was in March of this year. I am now on a schedule of every 2 years because no one has ever stoped this I'm told.

When I was told this I laughed and said there is always a first time for everything.

I take a Clairton daily but I use my foods as meds!

I still have some symptoms of ataxia that I have to deal with but not any fear anymore that it will progress even though Dr's still tell people that it will. I guess I listen to my Higher Power which I call God, and he helps me more than I ever gave him credit before.

But clearly I couldn't do all this without him guiding me daily. :0)

Hope this all helps some!

Yes!

The Bad:

GLUTEN!

Sugar

Dairy

Processed foods

The Good:

Lots of fresh (or frozen) fruit and veggies (food as medicine!)

CoQ 10

Vit B complex

Vit B12 sublingual

1 T Flax Meal

6-8 Walnut halves

Vit D sublingual

What is a 'Clairton' please?

Jeannie Ball said:

Oh yes Deo! Please check out the group here also called "Foods" if you haven't already.

I stopped all refined sugars, along with all flours and Gluten. Nothing processed. Nothing in a box or a bag. Organic as much as possible. I schedule eating = thought the days at the same time everyday. I have a lot of green tea hot and cold.

2T-3T of coconut oil, CQ10, vit D3, B Complex Multi and Calcium along with vit C.

I work on staying balanced Spiritually, mentally and physically as challenging as it is at times!.

I went Gluten Free in 2006. In 2008 I let go of all refined sugar and all flours. I've added things along the way. And have tried some things that didn't seem to help so after a few weeks I just let them go.

I have the herb parsley allot also in tea, adding to foods and salads etc., along with garlic. I make sure to have yogurt 8 oz (added probiotics), 12 oz of fruit, protein 8 oz's. 12 oz of veggies, 8 oz salad, and 10 oz grains per day. I don't snack I drink 6-8 glasses of water. It's a challenge at times but I find results so it makes it worth it to me to do.

I have been having MRI's to monitor the degeneration of my cerebellum. I'm happy to tell you that to date there isn't any more! My last one was in March of this year. I am now on a schedule of every 2 years because no one has ever stoped this I'm told.

When I was told this I laughed and said there is always a first time for everything.

I still have some symptoms of ataxia that I have to deal with but not any fear anymore that it will progress even though Dr's still tell people that it will. I guess I listen to my Higher Power which I call God, and he helps me more than I ever gave him credit before.

Actually it's called AllerClear (generic term) It's for Allergies 4 indoor and outdoor. I just started to notice I had some this year. It helps take away allot of head fog and some fatigue for me. It's over the counter. I get mine at Costco Kirkland brand.

They say it builds up more and more with the amount of day's you take it. I have been taking 10 mil for a few months now and it seems to help me allot. They say it's not addicting so you can stop when ever you want.

Mark said:

What is a 'Clairton' please?

Jeannie Ball said:

Just to echo Jeannie; gluten and processed sugar get me. I used honey with no ill effects, but especially gluten!