Gabapentin and muscle relaxant

My primary dr. prescribed Gabapentin when I complained of pain in my legs at night only relieved by getting up and walking around. My neurologist said Gabapentin was the single most prescribed medication for folks with neuropathy pain and ataxia.

Why do you ake Gabapentin? Is it helpful?

I also have increased difficulty with muscle contractrions. Used to be just at night, bugt now can occur at any time, usually when sittingf or laying down.Anyone take a muscle relaxant? What is your experience?

umigal

If this is lyrica your talking about I have taken it and had an awful reaction, it causes depression, and suicidal thoughts in some people so if you find it helps you let someone know to keep an eye out for you. Jerry

I guess i should find out what the patented name is. Gabapentin is the generic name.

I was wrong on gabapentin it is for Neurontin and I was taking for years but it had no help for me so I quit it. It was primarily for seizures but I was taking for neuropathy. It was no help for me but can be a problem for some people.

I take Flexeril as a muscle relaxant. The directions on the Product Insert claim that it's for short-term use, but my neurologist has OK'd it for me to take it occasionally, as needed -- and I have been doing so for 4 years.

More...I take low-dose Baclofen each night re: muscle contractions, and I also supplement with a calcium-magnesium-zinc combo.

I take tizanadine 4mg at bedtime. I think it helps but my fiance says I kick all night

I am on a trial for Gabapentin right now and it seems to be helping my tingling in hand and feet just a little. I used to take flexeril on a regular basis before the gaba but it didn’t really help with the muscle jerking. The only thing I have found that helps that is marajuana at night. Nothing else has worked yet.

My neurologist prescribed gabapentin because I was getting so much slurred speech. I have EA2 and only got slurred speech when I was having a really bad episode. But started to get slurred speech 3 to 4 times a day. So far ( titrated up from 1 3x a day to 3 3x a day) it is helping.

Anyone here on it for slurred speech?

I was prescribed Gabapentin -took it twice. Never again. It worked too well-I could barley move a finger much less from living room to the bedroom.

Started taking Gabapentin for night cramps and have not had any since.

Judy On 02/12/17, lin-da<ben_ataxia class=“misspelled”>com></ben_ataxia> wrote: lin-da

February 12

I was prescribed Gabapentin -took it twice. Never again. It worked too well-I could barley move a finger much less from living room to the bedroom. I was glad to sleep but not glad to be a perfect victim.

--

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.