Hip pain?

Hi- am wondering if anyone has experienced hip pain like I do? They just feel tender- it's a dull ache. As if the muscles around them are walls closing in.

Hi I get it when lying down even the buttons in the matress set it off . Do you stand at all ? If so try this I had constant pain and this helped .. when you are cleaning your teeth or at another time stand holding on to something say handbasin and from the hips rock side to slde and back and forth and also if you walk do not shuffle try to walk swinging your legs "more normaly" this helped me the pain still says a bit but is better. if you dont walk try this laykng down .

I have hip pain every morning before I get up. I does not usually bother me for the rest of the day.

I also get hip pain in the morning , I usually sleep in a fetal position and in the morning when I stretch out before I get up is when it hurts bad. When I stand up the pain goes away and is no problem to me.

I get this regularly, mostly in my right hip which is my weakest side, if I sleep in the wrong position or its pre-cursor to an attack. It feels like I've bruised my hips and pulled the muscles inside. It does go away with rest and time though so it could be worse.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I do stand and walk.So you think the shuffling contributes to the pain. I shuffle all the time.Right it hurts mostly when lying down. Thanks for the tips . I did some hip stretches last night and it helped.
http://www.self.com/body/workouts/2014/10/hip-stretches-your-body-really-needs-slideshow

Thanks again,

Tiffinay

Bob bird said:

Hi I get it when lying down even the buttons in the matress set it off . Do you stand at all ? If so try this I had constant pain and this helped .. when you are cleaning your teeth or at another time stand holding on to something say handbasin and from the hips rock side to slde and back and forth and also if you walk do not shuffle try to walk swinging your legs "more normaly" this helped me the pain still says a bit but is better. if you dont walk try this laykng down .

Thank you for your reply. So glad to know I'm not the only one. Thought it might be something besides muscles but you guys experiencing it relieves my mind of that. Tiffinay

Debra White said:

I get this regularly, mostly in my right hip which is my weakest side, if I sleep in the wrong position or its pre-cursor to an attack. It feels like I've bruised my hips and pulled the muscles inside. It does go away with rest and time though so it could be worse.

Wow. Just standing up? So glad to hear that. I'll try it!

Thanks for your reply.

Tiffinay

gelu65 said:

I also get hip pain in the morning , I usually sleep in a fetal position and in the morning when I stretch out before I get up is when it hurts bad. When I stand up the pain goes away and is no problem to me.

Stretching makes my whole body feel better. Good point.

Thank you,

Tiffinay

gelu65 said:

Thank you for letting me know.

Tiffinay

Bruce said:

I have hip pain every morning before I get up. I does not usually bother me for the rest of the day.

I fell about a month ago striking my left eye socket on the night stand. In the short time I was conscious I felt my eye socket absorb the first impact followed by my head snapping back(terrible noises from my neck and face) and then felt my left knee strike the floor, then bouncing off the floor with my left hip and apparently my left shoulder. I don't know how long I was out. Gradually the swelling has gone down and I can tell what really hurts. My left hip,( femoral nerve?) is extremely painful when sitting from a reclined position, trying to lift the left foot in order to put on shorts, socks, or shoes. Also when I try to cross my legs or entering vehicles. I can't clear more than an inch or two when I pick up the foot while sitting. I hope my Physical Therapist can help relieve the pain.

Byrd, that sounds like a bad fall. Hope you get help from pt and have a good, speedy recovery. Î worry so and hubby does too about hitting my head in a fall. So far I have been lucky,. I have remarked in other forums about suffering from severe pain from busitis in my right hip. It hurts worse in early am.gets better when standing on it, and exercise seems to help more than anything,

I have hip pain too. I go to a Russian chiropractor and he firmly believes in exercise to prevent pain or to deal with it. He uses the Pettibon system about exercise, weights, fulcrums (wedges of styrofoam that you use in certain places, hips,back, legs, etc). All that helps with the hip and neck pain. I have had PT and have learned a lot. I hope you can find the correct combination of exercise and pain remadies. There are natural pain supplements on the market. Curcumin (from Tumeric) is a good one and a supplement called Formula 303 is good for back spasms. Good luck to you on your journey to find relief and good exercises.

Have this all the time, acupuncture helps as does buttock massage

I also do exercise for the legs and hips

And take Baclofin, this does help, see your Nero

Oh my. Sounds awful. We have to move slowly, but sometimes falls are unpreventable.PT should be able to relieve some of the pain. Thank you for your reply.

Tiffinay

byrdsofparadise said:

I fell about a month ago striking my left eye socket on the night stand. In the short time I was conscious I felt my eye socket absorb the first impact followed by my head snapping back(terrible noises from my neck and face) and then felt my left knee strike the floor, then bouncing off the floor with my left hip and apparently my left shoulder. I don't know how long I was out. Gradually the swelling has gone down and I can tell what really hurts. My left hip,( femoral nerve?) is extremely painful when sitting from a reclined position, trying to lift the left foot in order to put on shorts, socks, or shoes. Also when I try to cross my legs or entering vehicles. I can't clear more than an inch or two when I pick up the foot while sitting. I hope my Physical Therapist can help relieve the pain.

Thanks for letting me know. Think I tried Baclofin. Can try again. Thanks for all the great ideas.

Tiffinay

Eric said:

Have this all the time, acupuncture helps as does buttock massage

I also do exercise for the legs and hips

And take Baclofin, this does help, see your Nero

Hi tiffinay. I get hip pain too. My physio said it was fatigue and weakness. She gave me some Pilates type exercises to do and encouraged me to do Pilates regularly as well as walking as best as one can without overdoing it.