I need a soft voice to say it will be alright

I'ts easy to say I dont understand why this happened but I do need someone to say it will be alright !!!!

I guess no ones on??

Hey Marty - I’m just getting your message. I’m not sure how soft my voice is, but for sure, everything’s going to be okay. I know that sometimes things can seem very bleak, I can assure you that things will get better.

If you feel that a professional’s assistance would be of help.

The help line is:

1/800-273-TALK

I’m sending you good vibes.

Aw.. sorry Marty.. I didnt get your message till this morning.. I too think everything will be ok for you.. for all of us but we have to accept changes. No one knows if they will be killed in road accident or any other disaster so we just have to make the most of each day in whatever way we can. There will always be financial restrictions anyway.

Do whatever you can that makes your happy. xx

You may be on a different path to the one you expected but it will be alright in so many ways. Look for new opportunities, enjoy insights and contacts you wouldn't otherwise have and accept all the support that is available or offered to you. It's not always so easy but do your best to take one day at a time and find something to smile about every day. :)

Hi Marty,

Happy Holiday's

I woke in such a good mood today, I think I am starting to accept and understand my diagnoses. Most day's since I first found out I had Ataxia has been filled with worry, nerves, and concern, so today is different. I feel upbeat, content and accepting of my new body, tomorrow I might feel different but I will take the positive attitude today.

List of 12 positives because of Ataxia;

* I have slowed down and take better care of myself

* My husband and son take better care of me

* I only have to do chores when I feel well enough :)

* My sister and mom call and check on me regularly

* We only make sandwiches on days I don't feel well

* I have all of you guy's to connect with!!!! lots of new friends, I didn't have before.

* I feel apart of a community, I didn't even know about a year ago.

* I have lots of nice doctors and nurses that care about me.

* I can't work anymore so that gives me a lot of time for hobbies.

* I get to see all the TV shows, I never had time for before.

* I am eating healthier....actually, I am learning new recipe's so I can cook differently

* I don't have to rush off to work at 5am anymore, I get to sleep in

My 12 Positives of having Ataxia

I hope your day improves :)

Hi Marty

What has helped me is the little sayings on this site by people who really understand.We can live with Ataxia,we just have to do things a little more slowly and differently.We can still get there in the end often by a long and devious method.

We can make it happily.

Hi Marty,

It will be alright! I ve had this for 15 years. I started using a rolator just 7 years ago. We have travelled all over the world from Australia/ New Zealand, China, Europe,Alaska, Canada, panama cruise, etc. I have many friends who accept me as I am and are very helpful.
The thing is,getting thru life is like a maze. When a barrier comes up, you just find another way around. I know how hard it is to stay positive, and I do get depressed. Then I just try to go out and do something with my friends or hubby.
This forum is a big help. Stay strong, concentrate on what you CAN do, not what you used to do.
Life is not over, just different now. Good luck, Sharon

It will be OKAY! I totally agree with everyone who has responded. I'm not saying I'm happy all the time but you adapt, make do and go on.It's ONLY ataxia!!! There are other people who have it much worse than me.I especially like the 12 positives of ataxia. I'll have to make my own list. I like Sharon's ending "Life is not over, just different now."

Marty,

There are good days and bad days. Take one day at a time. We care.

Tammy

Hi Marty, I don't know where you live (I'm in the US), but that could account for lack of responses earlier. It's almost noon here, and I'm just responding to emails. Anyway, all will be OK!!! I've was diagnosed with my ataxia a bit more than 10 years ago. I'll admit, it took me a while to accept it, as I had no idea why I had it. Once I did it was "refreshing" as it's my new "normal"! I try to embrace all I can still do, rather than dwell on what I can't. Be as positive as you can be! This is a wonderful site (great people) for support and understanding! Exercise (carefully) for strength and balance and try to eat as healthy as possible. Remember, you are not "alone" in this journey! Take care... ;o)

Hi Marty
I understand how you feel there is like a big hug and a it will be alright

Hi Marty,

I am new to the group, and since joining I feel so much better. Just reading everyone's response brings tears to my eye. I keep telling myself "This too shall pass", meaning whatever God has allow us to endure he will give us grace to bear. I liked how twirlers girl turn it into a positive and listed the good it has brought her, Keep the faith and know that we're here for you.

Marty,

If you can send a mailing address you feel comfortable with, I'd like to send you something.

Tammy

Thank you for the words of encouragement.

Im glad someone replied your words helped me for today.

hi, I'd love to hear more about your travels and where you've found it manageable with limited mobility. Any tips on the easiest places to stay, where they're best set up to help, where you can still visit interesting sites or get to beaches/lakes easily would be fab. We live in London, don't have endless money and would really enjoy a holiday with our 2 teenage kids. Thanks :)

Gfgirlo1 said:

Hi Marty,

It will be alright! I ve had this for 15 years. I started using a rolator just 7 years ago. We have travelled all over the world from Australia/ New Zealand, China, Europe,Alaska, Canada, panama cruise, etc. I have many friends who accept me as I am and are very helpful.
The thing is,getting thru life is like a maze. When a barrier comes up, you just find another way around. I know how hard it is to stay positive, and I do get depressed. Then I just try to go out and do something with my friends or hubby.
This forum is a big help. Stay strong, concentrate on what you CAN do, not what you used to do.

krissy said:

hi, I'd love to hear more about your travels and where you've found it manageable with limited mobility. Any tips on the easiest places to stay, where they're best set up to help, where you can still visit interesting sites or get to beaches/lakes easily would be fab. We live in London, don't have endless money and would really enjoy a holiday with our 2 teenage kids. Thanks :)

Gfgirlo1 said:

Hi Marty,

Gfgirlo1 said:

sorry Sharon, the reply to my post seems to be the same text as your previous message - not sure if you posted some tips about travelling with ataxia. Perhaps I should start a new thread. thanks for any advice you have, K:)

krissy said:

Gfgirlo1 said:

Hi Marty,

krissy said:

Gfgirlo1 said:

sorry Sharon, the reply to my post seems to be the same text as your previous message - not sure if you posted some tips about travelling with ataxia. Perhaps I should start a new thread. thanks for any advice you have, K:)

krissy said:

Gfgirlo1 said:

Hi Marty,