It's a guy thing

Hey guys, I was diagnosed two years ago but, I know I have had this little problem from birth. Anyway, in the past year I really got down and had no energy what so ever. Last time I went to my primary doctor I convinced him to test my testosterone. found the gold key i haven't had this much energy in years. So, check it out, it is a guy thing!

My husband has spinocerubellar ataxia type II. There are several other family members with the condition and I have been familiar with it for almost 50 years. What I have seen in the course of this time is the tendency to blame EVERYTHING on ataxia. Every care must be taken to avoid this because while you may have ataxia, you also have a body that is getting older, and therefore subject to all other kinds of age-related conditions - TREATABLE CONDITIONS. If you have a problem - see your doctor - and, if he is not sympathetic and open to other possibilities for your symptoms - GET ANOTHER DOCTOR. Not everything should be dismissed as ataxia related and therefore something to "just live with". Ran's posting is an example of this.

Exactly my point. One must have a total blood workup every 6 months. Had Chuck and I not done this I would still have been on the couch or bed. Guys don't be ashamed of your manhood we have a saying here in the Southern part of the States "Git er done"!

Blessings - Randy

"American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God"

My thoughts exactly, katcap21 ! You said it very well. Thanks.

Ran, glad you got some energy back. Stay healthy and as active as you can. Take care
A fellow Southener (near Atlanta) :slight_smile:

katcap21, you are absolutely right!!! This is true for all other chronic conditions as well. I have severe spinal stenosis, diabetes, stage 4 renal disease, have this weird slowly going down since 11 years old (which probably is ataxia), and am at least a carrier for 5 genetic diseases. Yet every time I go to a new doctor for a new symptom he/she always blames everything on the diabetes even though my diabetes was "in control" for many years. Most of my doctors do not even their regular job when it comes to follow-ups. I have hypothyroid disease and hyperparathyroid disease and I take meds for them but no doctor ever tested me after I started the meds to see how I am doing on it.

May you meet your responsibilities

With love, insight, and creativity,

Norbert

KatCap21 said:

My husband has spinocerubellar ataxia type II. There are several other family members with the condition and I have been familiar with it for almost 50 years. What I have seen in the course of this time is the tendency to blame EVERYTHING on ataxia. Every care must be taken to avoid this because while you may have ataxia, you also have a body that is getting older, and therefore subject to all other kinds of age-related conditions - TREATABLE CONDITIONS. If you have a problem - see your doctor - and, if he is not sympathetic and open to other possibilities for your symptoms - GET ANOTHER DOCTOR. Not everything should be dismissed as ataxia related and therefore something to "just live with". Ran's posting is an example of this.

Norbert, I have thyroid disease also. We check it every three months - it is just as important as the testosterone. It will screw you up in many ways. It will definitely make you weak and little or no energy. Get that done as soon as possible!!!