'Jaw-dropping' new form of gene therapy could allow scientists to modify human DNA and transform treatment of incurable genetic diseases

'Jaw-dropping' new form of gene therapy could allow scientists to modify human DNA and transform treatment of incurable genetic diseases

• The new 'Crispr' technique has been hailed as a game-changer by experts
  • It allows scientists to edit DNA with more accuracy than ever before
  • This could allow them to treat genetic disorders like Down syndrome
  • It could also be used to correct gene defects in human embryos

Read more:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2489653/Jaw-dropping-new-form-gene-therapy-allow-scientists-modify-human-DNA-transform-treatment-incurable-genetic-diseases.html

So, this was known about but dismissed in 1987.

Obviously people will have strong views on genetic engineering, for and against.

I think we have to accept the good with the bad, otherwise there'll never be any

progress. xB

Quite agree Beryl.

I dont understand it. Is it saying that its a good preventive thing? But what if you have CA already and its not necessarly genetic?? Second question: Is this methodology in practice anywhere or years off? (Whenever I mention these new ideas to my neuro's, they either laugh or look at me as if I am speaking Chinese.)

a greet breakthrough in genetics, could help to find a cure for incurable inherited disease such as CA.

I hope so this will be available soon for cases need it.

Amazing! Thanks for sharing, Alan! ;o)