Just lonesome inside needing someone to talk with occasionally

Lets bling things up here. I am one who really needs things to do while still able soooooooooo… I will show you my stuff. First of all I make things with my hands. It has been my passion and life for keeping busy. Plus it makes me feel happy to give things that I make. Here are some of the different items I have m ade. ! DSCN2369|666x500

1 Like

Hi there Vickie in Illinois!
We’re here. So nice to hear from you again. I’m Seenie, from Moderator Support, in Canada. I was “walking” through and saw your message, and I just thought I’d say hello.
I’m not online here very often, but I’m happy to share a word when I am. I don’t have Ataxia, but I have another rare disease, Psoriatic Arthritis. I’m a sewer (not a “sewer”, silly, a sew-er!) too, but I spend too much time online on Ben’s Friends communities to get much done at the sewing machine and serger. I LOVE your Glorious 4th wreaths! So pretty and patriotic. Pretty simple, too, if you know what you are doing.
One of the things we are working on here is a proper chat room. When we migrated to the new platform, we lost that facility, and we hope to get it back one day asap.
I hope you get a few more chatty answers here really soon
All the best to you!
Seenie

Hi Vickie😊I’m just back online after a lengthy power cut, you don’t realise how much you take power for granted do you.

I also like to keep my hands busy, usually with crochet if I’m watching TV. Mind you, nothing fancy, just a basic treble but the squares have mounted up and now I’ll have to think about sewing them together. It’s something I’ve been putting off because I’m so finickerty about certain colours being together etc.

Over the years I’ve enrolled on various art and craft courses. I particularly enjoyed patchwork and still have loads of fat quarters kicking around. To be honest, I haven’t parted with anything for years, it’s going to be a wrench deciding what goes and what stays (we hope to downsize).

Doesn’t crafting give a lot of pleasure. The mind can run riot while you take your ease😊xB

1 Like

Dear Vickie, I LOVE your 4th of July wreaths! I like to work with my hands also, although I enjoy drawing with charcoal & colored pencils, as well as painting with acrylic paint. I use to do a lot of needlepoint and cross stitch, although I haven’t for years, as my ataxia really effects my dexterity! Even drawing and painting is a challenge, although I’m still able to do it, just more slowly now…,ha! I like to do any kind of craft, or at least I’ll try, although I don’t sew like you do! I’m 63 years young and have Sporadic Cerebellar Ataxia (atrophy of my cerebellum, unknown cause, progressive, symptoms 24/7), diagnosed 13 years ago, although I had extremely minor symptoms starting about 8 years before diagnosis. I reside in the State of Michigan (USA). I have two grown children, a son and a daughter, both married. My son has three young children (7, 5 and 2 1/2) and my daughter is expecting her first baby in March. I’m married to a wonderful man and have two step-daughters (his daughters). The oldest daughter is married and has a 6 month old son, and the youngest is single, but has a serious boyfriend. All our children are out of the home. We (my husband and I) have four grandchildren, as well as one on the way! If you’d like, tell me a bit about yourself please…,my best to you…,;o)

1 Like

Hey thats great! What a lovely idea- so simple and so effective! Love it! I like you like to have a go at making things and keeping my hands busy, but my fine motor skills arent great but with concentration - can do stuff but it just takes a lot of effort but i just have to do it or I’d go stir crazy!
Good for you! Put some more pics up and I will as well. X

Hi rose! Good to see you here again! You must do awrite up of your neuro training that you are doing. Will be memailing you soon!lol! Wait till you see my walker with its clip on music stand!
Hugs, as ever, r x

Dear Vickie
Love your wreaths I do not sew but knit and crochet and donate to the homeless shelter. I miss getting out to volunteer so this is my way of helping others.
Linda

So, this is where you are​:wink: Brian bought me an electric patio cleaner, I was was less than enthusiastic​:joy: But, I take it all back, it works like a dream on block paving​:+1::slightly_smiling_face:xB

You know how I like emoticons, well frustratingly gremlins have got into the system and weird descriptions are showing instead😂xB

LOL that’s right up there with the dish rack my husband gave me one year. :confounded:

Seenie from Moderator Support

PS I like emoticons too :star_struck: and the gremlins seem to have left the building.

:joy: Just after I had my first child, for Christmas my husband
bought me an electric toothbrush. I can laugh now but at the
time😫 Re the emoticons, glad to hear it😉xB

1 Like

My husband has not forgiven me yet for the weed eater I got him for his birthday 20 years ago. In my defense, I remember that I got him some clothes, too.

Very nice Vickie… I like to crochet but seem to spend most of my time on my laptop these days. I like to get outside when I can, especially somewhere I can take mt walker but I have to pace myself and rarely have any energy in the afternoons.