New research re the immune system and inflammatory responses

Hi Beryl, very interesting. I’ve been reading and watched a number of video series on the Microbiome and the more we discover the more I’m convinced this is the root cause of many chronic brain ailments, not least of which my own.
For the longest time I’ve had stomach problems of various sorts, even being diagnosed with stomach ulcers before they discovered the viral cause.
I was in Newcastle last month and didn’t think to get in touch.
Hope you are well.
David

Inflammatory process had been long thought to cause many diseases, including Heart Attacks and Alzheimers. Although “Inflammation” can be linked to high CRP ( C Reactive Protein ) , it is very nonspecific. The root cause of genetic SCA is abnormal genes producing excess “Glutamate” in the neurons. Researchers are aiming at either symptomatic relief or gene editing. The day they can inject stem cells to modify the abnormal genes, that day will be the cure for all hereditary illnesses. Before that, auto immune or inflammation are purely distractions.

1 Like

Hi David, all ok here in Geordieland :wink: A while ago I had an Endoscopy because of excess acid, I was wondering if you’d been checked for this…

Helicobacter Pylori is a type of bacteria. These germs can enter your body and live in your digestive tract. After many years, they can cause sores, called ulcers, in the lining of your stomach or the upper part of of you small intestine.

I googled Microbiome Diet, are you getting to grips with it :thinking:xB