New site layout

Am I the only one who really dislikes the new site? I am pretty tech savvy but even I find it difficult to navigate and hard to follow.

We can no longer see any new members and welcome them and we can no longer see the brief biographies that we write about ourselves so it’s hard to identify those who have the same or similar type of Ataxia.

I really feel like people will stop using this site and it is such a shame.

Does anyone else feel the same?

1 Like

I am also finding this difficult to get to new members, although I have found the profile bios… I basically had to recreate mine. The old site was a bit confusing at first, but it was easy soon enough. This seems to be missing useful tools, and offers little help, Try to read through what is under the GUIDE button, and we can chat again.

I had a hard time at first, but now am getting use to it and like it.

It was like a slap in the face the first time I saw this. I am an older person, and with my disabilities, anything new is so confusing. Now, I don’t bother to sign in. The powers that be might think they are doing me favor, or us, but not cigar for me. Perhaps I’ll get used to it.

Click on person’s pic or butterfly to see their bio

I too am finding my ‘ataxic brain’ just will not compute.

Trust me Nobody “wanted” to change especially the volunteers who have logged almost 1100 hours doing it. There would be no site if we did not as Ning is no longer supporting their old format. We have had several communities totally collapse leaving those folks without their communities for up to a week or more. Hang in there you will figure it out pretty quickly. The most important thing is you friends and mods are here.

TJ

Thanks for the encouragement.

Thank you for your reply. I understand now that the changes were necessary to keep the site going. Is there any way you suggest for us to be able to see when new members join? I liked welcoming them or seeing that others had welcome them.

Alas NO Body likes change, as with all things a few teething troubles will be encountered, although in the grand scheme of things, it is the least of our worries, as we cope with a “Life-Limiting condition”

Finding new site a bit confusing! Re done all details changed pic only to find just pic and where from saved. So frustrating but I will get there, when who knows!

Hi Diane, JulesG here. Isn’t it so frustrating when that happens. I’ve not tried updating a profile at the same time as adding a picture but will try that to see if you’ve found a new gremlin that we need to address. In the meantime update your details again and don’t forget to hit either of the two “save changes” buttons once you’re done. All the best, Jules

Thanx for reply, have successfully updated profile and this time went easy and saved :slight_smile:

Good to hear, Diane! One more notch on the learning curve! Thanks for reporting back.
Seenie from ModSupport

I’m not a fan of the new site. It reminds me of the Weight Watchers site. Over time I’ll get used to it.