Seeking Southern Oregon Ataxia Support Group

I am trying very hard to find someone else with ataxia in my area. I would LOVE a local support group. I am very thankful for online support as well, but to me it is not quite the same. I have vestibular ataxia - most likely caused by Episodic Ataxia. I do not expect to find anyone near me, but am throwing this out there in a few places just in case.

I was told by someone about a group in Eugene, OR, which is only a few hours away - but it turns out that it is in Ashland, which is much further north. I'm not able to drive except for right in my small town, and have to have a ride to go any further. Obviously this makes travel difficult.

Please let anyone know if you think someone might be interested or would be close. I live on the southern Oregon coast - near Bandon & Coos Bay. Thanks

MissCake2, I have similar question too. I am in Stuartt, FL. I want to if there is local support group.

Hi MissCake2 - You can narrow your search by going into the “Members” tab above and typing “Oregon” in the search box.

miss cake I had dreams of this too at one time and I’m in the largest city in Oregon. your area is small and Ataxia is a rare disease. Likely you won’t find many. put an ad in craigs list or check with the hospital AND expand your issues to include MS as thses folks are experiencing many of the same symptoms. there are likely other diseases with similar symptoms as well. check with the nearby hospital. they may be willing to help you.

I just had to jump in and say great advice Maryseas! :-)

maryseas said:

miss cake I had dreams of this too at one time and I'm in the largest city in Oregon. your area is small and Ataxia is a rare disease. Likely you won't find many. put an ad in craigs list or check with the hospital AND expand your issues to include MS as thses folks are experiencing many of the same symptoms. there are likely other diseases with similar symptoms as well. check with the nearby hospital. they may be willing to help you.

I know the Willamette Valley is not southern Oregon, but maybe Jason will have contact info for others in your area. Here is his contact information:

Willamette Valley Support Group

Jason Wolfer

503-■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Hello. A few months ago I started a discussion in which everyone listed where they live. It was titled, Where Are You. You can look for that post and check for Oregon or other states or Countries. . Hope this helps.

Hi MissCake2, I live in Grants Pass, OR. I don't know of any groups other than in Portland. I'd love to get together with you! Message me if you're interested!