Wheelchair alternative

http://www.wimp.com/newdevice/

I am not in need of one yet - but thought this looked pretty cool. Have any of you seen one of these? I'm sure they are outrageously expensive.

I want one, not wheelchair bound at this time (use a walker and scooter). wonder how much it is, can it only be used on flat surfaces, not outside?

I don't know about outside - I kind of wondered about curbs and bumps. Kind of reminded me of a Segway.

Faye Mays said:

I want one, not wheelchair bound at this time (use a walker and scooter). wonder how much it is, can it only be used on flat surfaces, not outside?

Very intriguing. It deals with many of my issues with my motorized scooter. I'm going to check into it.

Well, I just went to the company website. It is NOT for outdoor use, they are taking reservations for them now with delivery expected late 2013, and the price is a measly $15,000. Yikes. I hope the price comes down - maybe a competitor will introduce one? :-)

wow, $15,00 is a bit steep - hope it comes down also, good info.

Hi

Looks good but its no good for just use on the flat. For that money it needs to be all terain.

Bob

What a fantastic device! I don't need one of these right now and I couldn't afford one anyway but hopefully the price will come down soon.

$15K? I thought that this was cool, but definitely not THAT cool for $15K.

Does anyone know how much a Segueway is?

Segwyays vary on the price, depending on the model & options. Figure about $6-$8000’ I was just looking at their website the other day.

Glitter on Butterflies said:

$15K? I thought that this was cool, but definitely not THAT cool for $15K.

Does anyone know how much a Segueway is?