Wheelchair

Can anyone recommend a lightweight wheelchair that can fold up to go in a car and has self steering wheels? I live in the UK.

Hi there where in the UK are you?

Im in the states and I am interested in this too. I just cant depend on a power chair that I have in the van it wont take a charge any more so I am looking for a collapsible folding wheelchair that is narrow. I use a cut down chair for in the house when I need it in case I need to turn into a bedroom or bathroom but it has no brakes so I don't use it away from home.

InLondon

Julie Perks said:

Hi there where in the UK are you?

In London…looking for the most practical ŵheelchair

Not familiar with “self steering wheels”. I have a lightweight folding “TiLite” wheelchair. “Quickie” is another popular manufacturer of light chairs. When you talk light chairs - you’re usually talking titanium - and they can get pretty pricey. These chairs are usually custom fitted and ordered and can take a while to get.

Hi, I got mine through the O.T. It’s the latest model, very lightweight and the wheels are also detachable. It was free and gets checked regularly.

Beverly what is the name of wheelchair

Hi SORRY HAVEN’T CHECKED IN LATELY. I’LL HAVE A LOOK AS ITS IN THE CAR BUT ITS JUST THE NEW STANDARD ONE I HAD FREE FROM SOCIAL SERVICES. I LIVE IN KENT IF THAT HELPS BUT IF I REMEMBER I’LL CHECK WHEN I GET HOME.
IF I FORGET YOU CAN E MAIL ME ON ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ anytime at all. Sorry about capitals I didn’t realise.