Balance worse at night?

I've been able to improve my walking slightly during the day, but I find that when I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I am wobbling all over the place like a drunk. Does anyone else have this problem? Do you think it's just because I can't compensate with my vision (because it's dark) and/or because I'm groggy/tired? Any tips for how to deal with it?

Thanks!!

At night I use that little plastic urinal so I wont have problems, it also comes in handy when the 1 toilet is being used. I also keep1 in the van just in case and it has come in handy. It seems when I need the bathroom I need it now. Also I don't get wide awake and can get to sleep right away. Jerry

hi there

The answer is yes! I have fallen at night when going to the loo. My husband does a room scan before he goes to bed, removing anything that would get in the way I e rugs, shoes, clothes etc. I am lucky as my bedroom has a shower and lav right next to it.

However, I take my time getting out of bed and wear a Tena lady (recommended) in case I'm not quick enough :)

love and light

Sarah-Jane

gelu65 said:

At night I use that little plastic urinal so I wont have problems, it also comes in handy when the 1 toilet is being used. I also keep1 in the van just in case and it has come in handy. It seems when I need the bathroom I need it now. Also I don't get wide awake and can get to sleep right away. Jerry