Be at home or go on holiday trip?

I conteplate what is for me better,

I have CA unknown cause for 12 years, I can walk without aid, but look like rightly ill.

So on holiday which I want to take at work, what is the best to do?

- be at home and exercise, I feel I need it

- or go somewhere on holiday trip to the sea till I'm able do it

- or go to a spa which is paid by healthinsurance (but I was there many times and think it's useless)

so what is the best for me?

Definitely try and get away from home, I think. Do as much as you can whilst you are young and able.

We have booked a five day coach trip and they say I can take my rollator. It seems good idea to let someone else do the driving, having a chamber maid too is appealing. We also have optional evening entertainment and when we get up each morning, we dont have to decide where to go!If we like this trip, to blackpool and the Lake District [UK] we are going to try Belfast next time. :)

I hope you find something to suit you.

Patsy

Go on a holiday, you exercise everyday , right?

Yes. Go on a holiday and may be you can still exercise at the seaside if you feel you need it.
Enjoy yourself.
Cross off the spa since you feel it is useless…
Just have as much fun as you can.

I’d listen to your gut on what you need which you said stay home and exercise; I’d add a few hours at the spa to make it feel more like a pampered vacation, however, you feel this is useless.

Not to be over-simplific, but my overall belief-system that I try to follow is to do what I like to do, when on vacation. And you can do this guilt-free on vacation - bonus! Therefore, if I were in your place, I would choose that which I need, or like, to do which you stated as staying home and exercising. You could add on to your stay-cation by adding a trip or two to a local and/or rare site / tour and work on one or two of your hobbies.

For me, the only person with the best answer here is the questioner! I'll give me tuppence 'orth any who. :)

Up until last year and for the preceeding twenty or so years, with exception to a couple of years when my sister lived near me, I would travel to Germany at least once a year to visit my siter and family. When I was working I would also try to get away somewhere 'in private' for at least a few days every year. Last year was the first year I did not get away - anywhere.

Part of the reason for me not going to visit my sister or get away otherwise is my health. As well as the official 'gait ataxia' I have other ataxia issues that are 'undiagnosed' and I have fibromyalgia which brings its own problems. In short, I have changed from a person who would (example) come in from work on Friday afternoon, throw a few needed items in a bag and 'take off' around the UK or to the continent on a whim to not being able to do so as easily. In fact, I do not feel able to travel alone as I used to and feel much more comfortable with a travelling companion. Last year I had no such companion so I had no trip away.

What I can honestly say is that I missed going away. I missed it so much it hurt!

This year, I am lucky to have a friend who is happy to accompany me to Germany to visit my sister at the end of July for a week. True! This will be a visit with family not a trip to the beach. We have lots of ideas for activities while visiting though. It will also be a good change from my day to day routine.

Staying at home to exercise may be good but I would think I could exercise while away.

A trip to the seaside could be great for anyone! I always feel better near the sea - even for a short break.

The spa sounds like a good idea in general but if it seems to be of little benefit, I would consider another option.

What is best for you, me or anyone is not always easy to answer. I would say do whichever makes you most happy. I hopeyou can make a choice without too much stressing over it and hope that this all works out well for you whatever you pick to do.

I would go to the seaside while I was still able. Or anywhere else you really want to go / activities you want to experience that will be difficult as/if your ataxia worsens. I don’t know how quickly yours is progressing, but I would make a list prioritizing what would be impossible/extremely hard to do if you are unable to walk, and go do that.

I would just go on a vacation you will get plenty of exercise and I bet you will exercise more muscles than you think by doing varius things
Michael said:

For me, the only person with the best answer here is the questioner! I'll give me tuppence 'orth any who. :)

Up until last year and for the preceeding twenty or so years, with exception to a couple of years when my sister lived near me, I would travel to Germany at least once a year to visit my siter and family. When I was working I would also try to get away somewhere 'in private' for at least a few days every year. Last year was the first year I did not get away - anywhere.

Part of the reason for me not going to visit my sister or get away otherwise is my health. As well as the official 'gait ataxia' I have other ataxia issues that are 'undiagnosed' and I have fibromyalgia which brings its own problems. In short, I have changed from a person who would (example) come in from work on Friday afternoon, throw a few needed items in a bag and 'take off' around the UK or to the continent on a whim to not being able to do so as easily. In fact, I do not feel able to travel alone as I used to and feel much more comfortable with a travelling companion. Last year I had no such companion so I had no trip away.

What I can honestly say is that I missed going away. I missed it so much it hurt!

This year, I am lucky to have a friend who is happy to accompany me to Germany to visit my sister at the end of July for a week. True! This will be a visit with family not a trip to the beach. We have lots of ideas for activities while visiting though. It will also be a good change from my day to day routine.

Staying at home to exercise may be good but I would think I could exercise while away.

A trip to the seaside could be great for anyone! I always feel better near the sea - even for a short break.

The spa sounds like a good idea in general but if it seems to be of little benefit, I would consider another option.

What is best for you, me or anyone is not always easy to answer. I would say do whichever makes you most happy. I hopeyou can make a choice without too much stressing over it and hope that this all works out well for you whatever you pick to do.

Holiday while you can! If you decide to fly, use crutches, you may not think you need them but you will be surprised at the service/perception you'll receive and the freedom they give you. I was advised to use them several years before I actually needed the (or so I kept telling myself.) So holiday-and enjoy, I'm sure you deserve it!

thanx,

for your advices, you're right - I'll choose the holiday trip