If you are having trouble communicating check this out!

My son's speech therapist told us about this and showed us a demo......

Prologue 4 TEXT

http://www.assistiveware.com/product/proloquo4text This is coming out soon. We are thinking about getting this one!!! Works on ipad, ipod and iphone!! We can't wait til this comes out. There is a video on this link. We are so excited and can't wait!!!

Prologue2 Go

http://www.assistiveware.com/product/proloquo2go this works for kids (pictures) to adults (text). Works on ipod, ipad, and I think iphone. Videos shown on right of page some are for adults there are more on the site.

With the icloud thing, maybe we can use this on all of our i-devices!!

We are saving up and will get the Prologue 4 for iphone!!!!

Hi PG!

This looks a great piece of kit! I bet a lot of people would like it. xB

Thank you PG, for these websites.
I do not have speech problems, but I will pass them to my therapist for stroke patients who have problems regaining their speech . This sounds wonderful!

Thanks for the sites, PG! ;o)

We r excited want to get the prologue4 text type. If people have trouble typing iPhone or iPod then n iPad might be the answer. Type n buttons should be bigger on it. There r different type voices u can chose to speak for you

Very cool. This is similar to what the one lady in my speech group had; but it was a few years ago, pre-iPad.

I am a Beta tester for Assistiveware, (who wrote both those apps) as far as I know its not out in Apple store yet, so I guess your speech therapist must be a Beta Tester to have got an hold of a copy too? I was under the impression I wasn't allowed to show it anyone or write about it until after it had been released as I had to sign a non disclosure form..did your speech therapist not have to do this?

They are both excellent apps. I have been using P2G on the original iPad since 2010 and now use an iPad mini.

I am waiting for next year when I heard the iPhone is coming with a choice of 2 bigger screens, so will wait to see if one of them will be big enough for me to manage, if not I heard rumours of a 12" iPad but have to wait and see what happens, but there should soon be plenty of screen sizes for Ataxians to choose from!

This is on the Assistiveware site:

http://www.assistiveware.com/product/proloquo4text

Do you know when this is coming out?

This is on the Assistiveware website:

http://www.assistiveware.com/product/proloquo4text

Do you know when it will come out? Therapist only had a proloquo 2...haven't seen 4 yet....anxious to see it!

Kati said:

I am a Beta tester for Assistiveware, (who wrote both those apps) as far as I know its not out in Apple store yet, so I guess your speech therapist must be a Beta Tester to have got an hold of a copy too? I was under the impression I wasn't allowed to show it anyone or write about it until after it had been released as I had to sign a non disclosure form..did your speech therapist not have to do this?

They are both excellent apps. I have been using P2G on the original iPad since 2010 and now use an iPad mini.

I am waiting for next year when I heard the iPhone is coming with a choice of 2 bigger screens, so will wait to see if one of them will be big enough for me to manage, if not I heard rumours of a 12" iPad but have to wait and see what happens, but there should soon be plenty of screen sizes for Ataxians to choose from!

Proloquo4Text is NOT the fourth version of Proloquo2Go it's a completely different app. (Its pronounced pro-low-quo)

Proloquo4Text has been submitted to the Apple store and is awaiting approval. I am aware they are now advertising it on their site but from your post I was under the impression that your speech therapist had shown you a copy of Proloquo4Text, so sorry if I misunderstood that and you were just talking about the flyer/video on their site?

It's up to Apple now and how long they take to approve it!

I wonder if it is going to be really expensive? I think the Proloquo2 is about 200.00