PIP in Britain

Hi everyone,

I have just applied for PIP and I'm not really sure what to expect, can anyone who has claimed in the UK let me know how it went for them please.

Deb

Hi Deb, I applied for PIP too. It took a long time for anything to happen but I was awarded. It gets back dated to when you first apply. Don’t worry if it takes a while, that’s normal! Hope it works out for you. Philippa

The thought of DLA being taken over by PIPs makes me physically ill. To look at me sat down you wouldn't think I hadany ailments at all. It doesn't take long to see though when I am mobile. Maybe I should make a DVD to send in lol.

Joking aside good luck and put as much technical information as you can on your form. And try to back it up with any evidence you may have. I did wit my ESA application. I was so relieved when that was over. Can you guess that I naturally stress :) Jenny

Hi Deb,

I applied in December last year, the DWP are fairly quick, however ATOS take time. We are in the South East and it seems the regional ATOS office is inundated with claims to process. However they have called to assess me, I just told them how it was day to day and they have given me a home visit. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jaynie

Thanks everyone for your help