Scared of assessment

Just got a call from atos for my assessment I’ve waited a year for . they want me in on Friday 9am twenty miles away when there’s a atos 5miles from me.I have no one in authority to come with me as it’s very short notice. A year in waiting. Do I chance it alone and face that they walk all over me or cancel and wait even longer. This Scare’s me.

Dear Anthony, Do you have a friend or family member that can go along with you? I know it's scary, but you've waited so long! Go for it, even if you have to go alone! My best to you..., ;o)

I would say, bit the bullet and go for it... get it out of the way and move on.. you can always appeal.

I would think it a bit daunting to go alone though.. I hope you can arrange for someone to accompany you even if just for moral support.

Good luck x

Thanks its only the horror stories I’ve seen on the news and read peoples experience with atos.thanks again for you’re support.

If this is for disability I would make sure not to rest up special for an interview and don't medicate so you can be seen as you really are. good luck

gelu65 said:

If this is for disability I would make sure not to rest up special for an interview and don't medicate so you can be seen as you really are. good luck

Hi Anthony

Make sure you prepare for the interview by writing stuff down. Like what pills you use, if you do any physio on your own or with a therapist, how the ataxia affects you emotionally as well as physically, how it varies from day to day, how it makes you depressed (for instance).

If you prepare for it, it won't scare you. Not as much anyway, I promise.

Before you reply to atos make sure you've prepared.

Very best wishes and good luck to you.

is this for you going for disability? If so I think its the same thing I had to do..its where you see one of SS Disability doctors to be approved...mine was very nice...its kind of like taking a test in school..lol......they read something and ask you questions, you have to do math, put things together like puzzles, ....now one thing I say...DO tell them anything that bothers you while doing this...weather it makes you feel sick, your vision , etc. I kept doing the test till I could no longer and finally said...I cant...it make me feel like I am going to throw up...to which the dr asked why I didn't tell him earlier...I said I didn't know I was supposed to...He stopped the test immediatetly...we were only half way....it was supposed to be about a 3 hr exam but I only lasted a little over an hour....so the more you let him know why you are covering up something, or looking away, etc. the better for you...be honest...best of luck!! it wasn't as bad I thought it would be either and I was as scared as you....hugs

hi Anthony. I went to an atos assessment last year in may. Luckily i had my sister and my mum with me(it.s better to have your family member with you)